For All Mankind (Apple TV series)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcp

Reaction score
I had noticed promos for the new AppleTV series "For All Mankind" before, but hadn't given it much thought because I had no intention of subscribing to AppleTV. But I just saw the first episode, and it is very impressive. It's an alternate history fictional account of the late '60's space race. It's not a highly technical or special effects program, but the effects that are there are very good and it seems technically correct. It's more of a 'people' story, but not over-the-top intense like 'First Man'. Interestingly, I haven't seen a single actor in it that I recognize; all are 'new' to me but all are very good. Some of the characters are historical figures (Von Braun, for example) and many are fictional.

Now, I could direct you to a trailer, but if you don't know the basic premise of the series, I recommend that you do not watch a trailer or look into a synopsis of it. If you haven't been spoiled, the opening will be a big surprise.

Apple is posting one new episode per week, every Friday. Five episodes are up so far, and season one will be ten episodes total, ending on December 20. I don't know if further seasons are planned. AppleTV has a 7-day free trial available, so it could be binged for free, but it would be well worth subscribing for a month or two just to see this series. Now, this recommendation is based upon my seeing only the first episode; it could easily go South later on. But at this point, I'm anxious to see more.

I’ve watched the first 5 episodes. They are Great! It’s well worth the 4.95 a month fee.

Corvette Guys are going to love the show too.

Rewatching now. As before... don't spoil the opening for those who haven't seen it.

Wasn't sure she would like it, but my wife got super into it, definitely gets pretty heavy by episode 7 or so. Looking forward to the next season

Season 2 starts Feb 19. Just enough time to rewatch Season 1 (again).

Season 2 trailer:

Last edited:
Fourth season starts Nov 10.

Just enough time left to binge the first three seasons. (Again)

Last edited:
Back