For All Mankind (Apple TV series)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcp

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I had noticed promos for the new AppleTV series "For All Mankind" before, but hadn't given it much thought because I had no intention of subscribing to AppleTV. But I just saw the first episode, and it is very impressive. It's an alternate history fictional account of the late '60's space race. It's not a highly technical or special effects program, but the effects that are there are very good and it seems technically correct. It's more of a 'people' story, but not over-the-top intense like 'First Man'. Interestingly, I haven't seen a single actor in it that I recognize; all are 'new' to me but all are very good. Some of the characters are historical figures (Von Braun, for example) and many are fictional.

Now, I could direct you to a trailer, but if you don't know the basic premise of the series, I recommend that you do not watch a trailer or look into a synopsis of it. If you haven't been spoiled, the opening will be a big surprise.

Apple is posting one new episode per week, every Friday. Five episodes are up so far, and season one will be ten episodes total, ending on December 20. I don't know if further seasons are planned. AppleTV has a 7-day free trial available, so it could be binged for free, but it would be well worth subscribing for a month or two just to see this series. Now, this recommendation is based upon my seeing only the first episode; it could easily go South later on. But at this point, I'm anxious to see more.

I’ve watched the first 5 episodes. They are Great! It’s well worth the 4.95 a month fee.

Corvette Guys are going to love the show too.

Wasn't sure she would like it, but my wife got super into it, definitely gets pretty heavy by episode 7 or so. Looking forward to the next season

Back