Quantcast

followup...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke strawwalker

Reaction score
I was asked in a recently closed thread "why not use a PM" (in responding to a moderator publicly 'slapping me down' then closing the thread).

Last time I did that, I got an 'infraction'. Apparently "PRIVATE messages" aren't so PRIVATE after all... especially if said mod didn't like what I had to say and couldn't defend his own words/actions, but instead took 'great offense' at being castigated PRIVATELY and then issued ANOTHER PUBLIC "slap down" just because he could...

I'm not going to mention names, because it's counterproductive, but believe me, I know who's who and what's what now.

Most of the moderators do a good job. Some however are poster children for how 'power corrupts'... IMHO...

Secondly, why should I simply roll over when publicly 'slapped down' and then extend the 'respect' of responding to said slap down in PRIVATE?? If a mod feels secure enough in his words and actions to issue a PUBLIC castigation of a member, then they should have the guts to face a public response. But in some folks' case, that's too much to expect I suppose.

Oh well, more spit in the wind, and nothing will change anyway. Just confirms what I've thought all along...

Later! OL JR :)

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline, Potent
Reaction score
When a thread is closed, please do not restart the discussion from that thread somewhere else.

-Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts