Folding a LOC Angel parachute

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noffie79

Reaction score
I just picked one of these up for my L2 project. Looks to be an awesome chute, but I was hoping someone here would know of a video or any other suggestions on proper folding? Thanks for any input.

Take pictures of it, first time you unfold from packaging. Pics of every fold.

Just reverse engineer your packing before each launch, following steps in your pics.
That's what I do/have on file, for every brand of chute owned.

You will never pack it smaller than how you get it new.

Did you check their website for FAQ's...they nave have video or pics.

Problem is, I already unfolded it from the packaging. I'll check their website. Thanks!

With this style of chute its very hard to do it wrong. Heck WM Tim just stuffs them in the tube. Just lay the chute out on a table all stretched out. fold panels over on to themselves. When getting close to a narrow width I fold lines back on to the canopy leaving about 3-4" hanging past canopy and fold down from top of chute until you get the size you need to fit in your chute tube. Hope this helps you out.

With this style of chute its very hard to do it wrong. Heck WM Tim just stuffs them in the tube. Just lay the chute out on a table all stretched out. fold panels over on to themselves. When getting close to a narrow width I fold lines back on to the canopy leaving about 3-4" hanging past canopy and fold down from top of chute until you get the size you need to fit in your chute tube. Hope this helps you out.

I sent an email to LOC asking for any videos or "instructions", but I've seen others just stuff the chute in as well. This is going in a 4" BT, so there's plenty of room, pretty much no matter how I fold it. I just wasn't sure if there was a certain way NOT to fold it that could prohibit the chute from filling up when it deploys. Thank you.

Check the b2rocketry.com website. Look under the products, classic and classic 2 heading. There is a odd towards the bottom with pictures.

The Loc Angel chutes are pretty much a direct copy as I understand it so the instructions should be fine.

Check the b2rocketry.com website. Look under the products, classic and classic 2 heading. There is a odd towards the bottom with pictures.

The Loc Angel chutes are pretty much a direct copy as I understand it so the instructions should be fine.

They are an exact copy. She isn't happy about it either.

I just used one on my L1 project and have to say I'm totally impressed with it. I folded it in a triangle, then folder the sides together. Started to Z-Fold, wrapped half the shroud lines up halfway in the zfold and then completed the folding of the parachute. I wrapped the remaining 5 or 6 inches of shroud lines around the chute, tightly protected it with a Nomex cloth and laid it down inside the 4" tube. Mine was a 44" Loc Angel. A video of my L1 cert flight is here: [video=youtube;Vnwpm4FeMvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnwpm4FeMvk[/video]
At 1:30 in the video you'll see the transition from the drogue to the Loc Angel Main. I absolutely LOVED this chute. The rocket descent calmed down dramatically. I think you'll really enjoy your chute! I'm planning to replace my L-2 kit with another Loc Angel.

Last edited:
Back