Flying Object Appears Before SpaceX Rocket Explosion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregGleason

Reaction score
Uh ... I don't think it was aliens.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...ory-says-anomaly-flew-rocket-went-flames.html

37D8590C00000578-3771601-Alien_hunters_have_developed_their_own_theory_of_what_caused_Spa-m-63_1472853613239.jpg

You know with all of the video editing software available now, I think it would be relatively easy to add that fast moving object into the frames. But, if that object appears on the original video feed ...

Greg

Uh ... I don't think it was aliens.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...ory-says-anomaly-flew-rocket-went-flames.html

37D8590C00000578-3771601-Alien_hunters_have_developed_their_own_theory_of_what_caused_Spa-m-63_1472853613239.jpg

You know with all of the video editing software available now, I think it would be relatively easy to add that fast moving object into the frames. But, if that object appears on the original video feed ...

Greg

I don't believe it was a UAV, it appears to be a piece of something that flys AWAY from where the explosion started. That is as long as I'm seeing the correct piece on the videos I watched, and its also flat, most likely a piece of the rockets skin. The piece continues up just over the top of the fireball, then falls down and to the left, catching fire and exiting the bottom of the fireball near the left bottom of the screen.

Last edited:
I don't believe it was a UAV, it appears to be a piece of something that flys AWAY from where the explosion started. That is as long as I'm seeing the correct piece on the videos I watched, and its also flat, most likely a piece of the rockets skin.

No. Look at the 42 second video in the middle of the article. The object flys horizontally all the way across the horizon.

No. Look at the 42 second video in the middle of the article. The object flys horizontally all the way across the horizon.

Not sure what we are seeing but I doubt it had any cause with this explosion, a bug flying across the cameras lens at close range would make a similar effect.

It's a plane!
It's a bird!
It's a frog!

Not plane, nor bird, or even frog, its just little ole me... Underdog.

It's a bird. There is a few flying around in front of the camera before the explosion. This one just happen to be there at the right place, at the wrong time.

Of all the places to expect the conspiracy theories, this is the last place I would expect to find it. This is simply a bird in my opinion and the depth perception is thrown off by how far away the video was taken from the launch site. This video was likely taken from quite a distance, miles in fact. If so that could easily be a bird and one that was no where near the explosion or maybe it was, but it's definitely nothing nefarious, such as a drone, UFO, etc.

This video was likely taken from quite a distance, miles in fact..
~2.75 miles

Delay between seeing and hearing the explosion in the video is approx. 13 seconds.
Speed of sound at sea level is ~340.3 m/s
13s x 340.3m/s = 4420m
4.42km / 1.61km/M = 2.745 miles

the original video, theres a huge delay in explosion sounds, due to distance.... very noticeable.... this video is sync'd, which means edited, which means likely BS (its not a closer video either.... you can hear the echo/the sound was recorded at distance)

the original video, theres a huge delay in explosion sounds, due to distance.... very noticeable.... this video is sync'd, which means edited, which means likely BS (its not a closer video either.... you can hear the echo/the sound was recorded at distance)

I was thinking the video was edited, also. The object has very little motion blur, which leads me to think that someone added it. It's not a bird or insect, since the geometry of such are always changing in flight and this object appears to be static. There were no eyewitnesses (other than this footage) and I'm thinking it would have appeared on radar.

Anyway, it is not near as interesting as this hoax ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ge-UFO-hovering-remote-Malaysian-village.html

Greg

Obviously an errant hockey puck from a Florida Panthers practice session.

Definitely a bird - it looks very fast because it's much closer to the camera.

Consider the source. Don't trust anything the Daily Mail has to say.

Definitely a bird...

Definitely employed by Putin...
I think it's very Putin. It is the same size. On returning to Russia after sabotage the great campaign of Hillary decided to clear competition Proton and Angara :)

Definitely a bird - it looks very fast because it's much closer to the camera.
Yeah, there's an ultra slow motion video on YouTube of that and even though the object is blurred, you can see what could be wings jut above it and, more importantly, I see what looks like a course change reaction as evidenced by a change in the orientation of the jut of the wings as the bird reacts to the explosion... I mean as the extraterrestrial drone monitoring our rocketry efforts for Gort's galactic police team changes course.

Back