flu rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeLaunchman

Launching since 1975
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I've contracted the H1N1 (swine) flu and as a result, I'm spending the week home from work in a self-imposed quarantine. It's not so bad and I'm spending much of the time scratchbuilding a few rockets with the parts on hand (I can't get out to the LHS and asking my wife to pick up a few rocket components for me is not likely to produce a favorable result). I've aptly decided to name one of the rockets the H1N1 and I've devised this decal for it.

H1N1.jpg

Catchy logo, Joe. I'll bet it spreads like wildfire. :D

MarkII

We also have an H1N1 added to our fleet. My son had the flu a couple of weeks ago, and on one of the days he was out of school we bashed a Baby Bertha into the H1N1.

Hope you feel better. Glad you're making the best of it.

I wish I could do it, Johnny, but I won't be finishing any rocket projects any time soon. Here in the northeastern USA we're experiencing freezing temps. with snow in the forecast. Not exactly ideal conditions for the outdoor use of Krylon. I'll be sure to post it in the spring though!

-18°F here. Rattle cans don't work at these temps. :snowflake:

MarkII (I can still feel my fingers - most of them)

Last edited:
-18°F here. Rattle cans don't work at these temps. :snowflake:

MarkII (I can still feel my fingers - most of them)

Pardon my hijacking the thread... :D

I spent this morning applying a second coat of primer to two models. Tomorrow, I'll be spraying them with some Gloss White (Old) Krylon. ;)

I'm going to attend the Los Angeles SCRA Section launch on Sunday. Temp is suppose to be around 75F. :cool:

Southern California: Where one can build, paint & fly rockets nearly year-round. :hohoho:

Back