Floridia rocket launches?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPUTommy

Thrust cures All
Reaction score
Any clubs or anyone launching in floridia? Central Kissimmee area...ill be headed down south and looking to launch somewhere down there..

Anyone ?!?!

There's also NEFAR in Bunnell, ROCK in Orlando, and SRA in Palm Bay, all currently having issues with their field. I think the only clubs flying at this time are Tampa Tripoli, FSA in West Palm Beach (last Saturday of the month), and Tripoli Fort Myers east of Labelle (first Saturday of the month).

The Ft. Myers Tripoli launch is on for this Saturday at 8:30am at the site 10 mile east of Labelle. Weather forecast for Saturday looking good:
Sat 06 | Day
83°
24% rain chance
wind S 11 mph
Partly cloudy skies. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 83F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

To find the launch site on Google Maps or Waze, enter "Bethlehem Avenue, Moore Haven, FL".

The 3000 mile drive from Massachusetts to Ft Meyers to launch a rocket is giving me butterflys already.. we have snow on the ground and I haven't been able to launch anything. Motor vendor on site ? Any other vendors? Do you guys accept my L2 cert card from NAR? 15k waiver ? And is there anything from Massachusetts you guys n gals in Floridia may need/want.. im already 4 containers heavy of Fluff.

Thanks for the info

They have an AT vendor on site. Cash only (or personal check). They fly TRA rules but NAR ok. Pretty small club. 3 paying members. 3 HP pads, 1 LP pad. If they have 10 flyers on site, that’s considered a crowded launch day.

The 3000 mile drive from Massachusetts to Ft Meyers to launch a rocket is giving me butterflys already.. we have snow on the ground and I haven't been able to launch anything. Motor vendor on site ? Any other vendors? Do you guys accept my L2 cert card from NAR? 15k waiver ? And is there anything from Massachusetts you guys n gals in Floridia may need/want.. im already 4 containers heavy of Fluff.
Are you really driving all the way from MA just for this launch? That has to be some kind of record for our little club.

Brian the Motorman will be there with a good stock of AT motors, you can call or text him in advance if you need something specific. Tim may know better, but I don't think he takes personal checks from people he doesn't know. If you need CTI motors, there's one vendor in north Florida about 30 minutes off I-95.

The waiver is 15k. I think the prefect wants a buffer, though. For L2 and higher, the CP must be marked on the rocket.

This field is rough, trackers highly recommended (see photo).

Attachments

• labelle.jpg
    labelle.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 27
🤣🤣🤣 it was a typo... I have CTI stuff and im bringing some motors. Id like to attempt to break my personal best of 7k .. I certified on my L2 by hitting 7k. Id love to attempt a 10k flight. I have eggfinder trackers and a god awful beeper... and yes.. im driving from cape cod to Kissimmee, ill be in floridia friday.. and then driving there Saturday. We have snow on the ground here and the closest club has a 2500 foot waiver.

Can I purchase CTI motors and pick them up personally?

Do you accept my L2 cert from Nar?

How much is it to launch that day?

I have a bunch of 29mm stuff im bringing..

The rocket im shooting for is a wildman darkstar 2.6.. hoping to put the biggest 38mm in it and break my personal best.

Do you guys want anything from cape cod? I'm not bringing real lobsters... lol..

Im excieted to see my birds fly !!

🤣🤣🤣 it was a typo... I have CTI stuff and im bringing some motors. Id like to attempt to break my personal best of 7k .. I certified on my L2 by hitting 7k. Id love to attempt a 10k flight. I have eggfinder trackers and a god awful beeper... and yes.. im driving from cape cod to Kissimmee, ill be in floridia friday.. and then driving there Saturday. We have snow on the ground here and the closest club has a 2500 foot waiver.

Can I purchase CTI motors and pick them up personally?

Do you accept my L2 cert from Nar?

How much is it to launch that day?

I have a bunch of 29mm stuff im bringing..

The rocket im shooting for is a wildman darkstar 2.6.. hoping to put the biggest 38mm in it and break my personal best.

Do you guys want anything from cape cod? I'm not bringing real lobsters... lol..

Im excieted to see my birds fly !!
The only way to get CTI motors would be to stop at Bernie's home in Pomona Park on your way to Kissimmee, PM me for his phone and directions.

No problem flying with NAR cert. Launch fee $15 for non-members. According to the website, "Help Set up (or tear down) at 8:30 AM, get a token and your launch fee will be waived."

Its roughly 120 miles from where I'm staying.. loading up the rockets 🚀 into my truck today..😁
120 miles to Bernie's or to the launch site? I might be able to sell u a 38mm 6xl if you need one.

I'd suggest stopping at Bernie's when you pass through north Florida, he has good prices. It would not be a major detour to his house. If you buy several motors, he might even be willing to meet you somewhere close to I-95.

Im really interested in meeting him and giving him some of my $.

Can I get a contact number ? I will call him later today and see if we can meet up.

Im really interested in meeting him and giving him some of my $.

Can I get a contact number ? I will call him later today and see if we can meet up.
FYI, no sparky motors allowed at Labelle.

Back