Florida Vendors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkey_bolt

Reaction score
Hi all,

Planning a trip to Florida during the easter break and wondered if there are any rocket shops worth a visit. I'll be staying in Orlando but would be prepared to drive round.

Many thanks

Mike

NEFAR flies on that Saturday if you are up to a drive to Jacksonville. Actually Bunnell, Florida which is after Daytona but before St. Augustine. I don't remember much in the way of shops from when I lived there. I'm sure some ROCK members could be more helpful.

How about SW Florida, around Ft. Meyers? I may be in that area come March...

How about SW Florida, around Ft. Meyers? I may be in that area come March...

Hey Paul,

I live in Ft. Myers. I am Prefect of the local club (TRA and NAR). I can tell you that there is nothing available in the way of rocket stores down here. Maybe a local hobby shop might have some Estes motors. If you are coming down in March, gve me a shout. We will not likely be flying because fire conditions are really bad right now, but the Tampa club (about 2 hours north) is having a two day launch in March. I intend to be there, and can help you find your way.

Planning a trip to Florida during the easter break and wondered if there are any rocket shops worth a visit. I'll be staying in Orlando but would be prepared to drive round.

None of the local stores stock much in the way of rockets.

We sometimes have RocketryZone or other vendors at the NEFAR launch which is held the second Saturday of the month in Bunnell - about an hour and a half to two hours from Orlando. But, I don't know if they'll be there in April.

-- Roger

There's not much, there are some pretty good hobby shops, Colonial Photo and Hobby in Orlando and Space Coast Hobbies (Palm Bay), but they don't carry much more than Estes, and the occasional Custom or Quest kit.

Space Port Rocketry flies on the 3rd Saturday but looking at the calendar now you'll probably be back home by then.

https://www.spaceportrocketry.org/Launch Status.htm

Man back then Space Coast Hobbies (palm bay) was the place to buy your rocketry needs they had loc and pml kits and aerotech motors from G to I plus the motor cases.then as soon as the other guy sold his half of the store rocketry was gone to what it looks like today :mad:

that's too bad about Space Coast, I haven't been down in a few months, cause I haven't flown in a few months, (work). I may go down there this weekend even if the launch is canceled due to drought

their site says May 31, 2009 is the last day

Last edited:
Back