FLO TV Ad

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadebox

Roger Smith
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Anyone else notice what the father is doing in the first half-a-second of the commercial for FLO TV that's running right now?

-- Roger

He's building a model rocket. I does not look like a kit that I've seen.

I first saw the commercial last night at my brother-in-law's house and thought I'd just imagined seeing a model rocket since my wife and I had just finished talking about our new rocketry business. When I saw the commercial again today at home, I was able to pause the image.

The rocket has a kind of semi-scale military look to it, but it doesn't look familiar to me either.

-- Roger

FLO TV is a wireless TV service. The commercial is called "big boy potty".
I think that is the name. The father figure is indeed building a model rocket.
Can't tell what model it is. It does have five fins. You can view the ad on their facebook page. The rocket is in the scene for maybe 4 seconds. Hope this helps explain it a little. Go to face book and search FLO TV and it is right there.

Wireless TV? Wait a minute, I vaguely recall...

yes, way back, almost lost in the mists of time...

getting TV...wirelessly...

via a mechanism called, oh, what was it again?

..Oh yeah, a mechanism called "broadcasting" over something called, uhhh,

"airwaves."

I know, I know...it all sounds like something from a Flash Gordon strip, right?

MarkII

Here's a picture. I used the Screen Capture tool under Accesories in Vista.

FLO TV Rocket.JPG

Here's a picture. I used the Screen Capture tool under Accesories in Vista.

attachment.php

It looks like a Quest Novia with six fins.

1006-500x500.jpg

I disagree Shrox. I think the fins are more swept back than on the Novia. And there's a white section that appears to have it's own moldings to it, some sort of plastic interstage coupler. And it looks like it has two white engine hooks mounted side by side at the rear of the model. Looks like there are two forward canards on the model that are out of focus in the image but located above the 'pencil' in his hands.

I doubled the size and outlined the points below.
4142174321_069267e689_o.jpg

"Haven't seen the ad. What's FLO TV?"

I thought maybe there was now a whole channel devoted to just her.

flo.jpg

I agree, the Recruter looks right.

I think the canard that Randy pointed out is the forward part of the stand and not part of the rocket.

BTW, who get TV on a cell phone? I spend plenty of time in front of the boob tube already, I don't need to have more of it. YMMV

BTW, who get TV on a cell phone? I spend plenty of time in front of the boob tube already, I don't need to have more of it. YMMV
I don't have a cell phone that could receive any kind of signal like that. I'm not sure that the cell phone infrastructure up here could even handle the bandwidth. But my best to all those who can.

MarkII

Back