Flistory in the Making

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
space_station_docking_crop_mod.jpg

I had the pleasure of receiving a MOST unique gift from my son Joseph this past Christmas. It was the beginnings of a story he calls "Flistory in the making".

I was so touch by the effort and the quality of the story that I simply *had* to share it. Some of you here at TRF are already aware of this gift from my son as he was in touch with you concerning it (because some of you are actually characters *in* the story :) )

He tells me that this is just the first installment of many. He hopes to have a new installment every month or so and I will post them as they come out.

This is entirely a work of fiction and any resemblance to any person, living or holed up in their workshop is purely with permission :)

Enjoy the story. I know I did and, frankly, I can not *wait* for part 2! :)

You can get to the story from this link:

Flistory in the making

Thank you, Joe, for this wonderful Christmas gift! :)

jim

I just noticed this, and read it, and was going to start a new thread... but Jim beat me to it :)

Funny Story. There is certain TRF members who seem to get promoted to high ranking possistions. :D

LOL, great story, I can't wait to read the rest of it. A big well done to Joe, excellent work!

This pause allowed the rest of the Elders of the Rebellion to contemplate the greatness of their leader. Standing over six feet tall, Commodore Kits was quite the imposing figure

...He seems to think very highly of you ;)
But then, we all do :D

Tell Joseph excellent story, and that he writes very well :cool:

hey, it brought tears to my eyes, Christmas morning we I read it for the first time :)

I am *dieing* to see more installments!

Let me guess... the "LaForge" (or Scotty) of the Deuce Wild fleet is some guy named "Gardei".... always trying new ways to improve the engines ;)

ROFL!! That was great! Obviously a work of fiction though, as the only Commander Kits I've met is neither over 6 feet nor under 35 in appearance. ;)

Pretty good description of the mad Dr. Tulanko though!

(what, no mention of the celebration of the war stories told to the Particulate Silicon Man and the Amphibian of Shattered Dreams over grog in the Red Lobster system after a victorious battle in the Whitakers Nebula? :D)

Originally posted by KermieD
ROFL!! That was great! Obviously a work of fiction though, as the only Commander Kits I've met is neither over 6 feet nor under 35 in appearance. ;)

Pretty good description of the mad Dr. Tulanko though!

(what, no mention of the celebration of the war stories told to the Particulate Silicon Man and the Amphibian of Shattered Dreams over grog in the Red Lobster system after a victorious battle in the Whitakers Nebula? :D)

oohhh, that's good :p and i have connections with the author too... :D

So *that's* what a Tulanko Tail is...

Hey, the story is fun AND educational.

Originally posted by Justy
So *that's* what a Tulanko Tail is...

Someone hasn't built an ACME...you would have known that one already! :D :D

Very good story there. Brought a smile to my face. :D

One question. The Pheord isn't mentioned. I could imagine the station engineers using the Pheord (along with the Odysseus, Persephone and Athena) as their workhorse for 'out of station' business.

Can't wait for the next chapter. :D

This was very enjoyable.... I cannot wait for the next chapter!

"Will the Rebellion be able to defeat the Hobbicronium Industrial Empire with their new Flisfleet?

What allies will be garnered by the two valiant young Captains on their 'Tour de Deuce"?

How long can the Rebellion hold on without their own engine designs?

What benefits will be reaped by the secret support of the TRF Federation?

Tune in next time to another exciting Chapter of: FLISTORY IN THE MAKING......!!!! "

Oh, Joe has already told me some of what the Pheord X-150 and the saucers from the Triple Threat will be involved it (not to mention the ACME, Tres and Long OverDue...)

Astronboy, you're asking the SAME questions *I* am :)

it *is* a good read and I am chomping at the bit for more installments. I hope Joe didn't bit off more than he can chew LOL

As soon as I verify that he reads his email, I will post it for anyone who wants to drop him a note. For now, I will make sure he reads this thread.

jim

Hey Everyone,
This is the first time I've been on the Rocketry Forum. I just registered because my father told me that there was a thread that had been started concerning my story. (And frankly, it's a little boost to my pride :) ). But I do appreciate the fact that you are all enjoying it. I will be continuing the story every month (hopefully on the 1st of each month) for at least a year. Also, I am more than willing to take suggestions and would love to hear ideas. Just take into account that I already have a loosely laid plan for the story's direction.
And just so you know, the rockets I left out were left out for a purpose. I have characterized each ship and each has its own individual purpose in the fleet. The rest will be coming into the story in the near future.
Thanks for your support and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed writing it.
PS: There were a couple of people who I contacted that were not used in this section of the story. Rest assured that I have plans for you. I would hate to hurt anyone's feelings. ;)

I read it last night, Joe. Great stuff!!! Your have my utmost admiration because I don't have near the imagination to create like you do. Keep up the good work...

bmhiii

Hey, another Fliskid here...figured if everyone else in the family was getting involved in the forum, I may as well join them.
Anywho...great story, Joe. It was fun helping you out with it. And even more fun reading all these posts, knowing full well what you have in store for them...hehe...

Jen

Do we need to rename this place the FlisForum?? ;)

Welcome aboard, Joe and Jen!!

Welcome Joe and Jen, Great story. It take imagination to write a continuing story and I look forward to reading the next installment. You may have to write it in book form before your finished.
Larry

Joe, great story!! I have a degree in English Lit (OK, so I finaly let it out...Am I the only non-science guy here :eek: ?), and have attempted a few Sci Fi stories over the years, so I have even greater respect for your fine work. I am looking forward to the monthly installments. ;)

Thanks to you and Jim for sharing with us!!

And of course, welcome to both you and Jen!!

Joe,
Great stuff indeed!
I also have a degree in English Lit, Fred. Ph.D. in medieval English lit., and I teach college writing and literature, so what the heck am I doing here??!!
Maybe that's why it takes me so long to finish rockets!
BTW, got my BA from SUNY Albany, and lived there a couple years after graduating.
Drew Tomko

it's weird seeing Joe and Jen in here... my inner sanctum, so to speak... LOL

Joe is an English major himself and is doing a fine job at Clark University in Mass.

I think he is really enjoying this because it's writing for personal enjoyment rather than for a grade :)

I was just re-reading this thread, and had to chuckle at Jen's self appointed Moniker: Fliskid :p

Is there anything that cannot be 'Flis-ed'? :rolleyes:

Lets see...

Don't forget the FlisWife

And he has 3? FlisDogs

Recieve any mail from him... that is:

FlisMail
FlisPackage....

:D

Ha...then you guys will love this -

"Ignorance is Flis" (my brother's fiance)

:)

And Doug - I'll consider coming to more CMASS launches. When I have an ounce of free time. And maybe when my boyfriend's back in town, so I can bring him. (Us Flis' have a tendency to drag everyone around us in to the hobby...heh...)

Back