FlisKits: Web Site Updates

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim,

Does pre-ordering 2 Long Overdues and 2 Tres guarentee me a low production number?

And did I beat anybody?

sandman

sandman, well *that* alone doesn't guarentee anything... :p

but the fact that you ordered early does. it looks like you're in the mid-high teens... :)

Jim,

So do I put you down for just one of my kits or do you want 2?

sandman

ya know sandman, I actually had my paypal payment all filled out but held back because I *frankly* doubt I'd ever get the chance to build them and would hate to see them go to waste...

I love the mini-saturn 1B I got from you but there it sits and i'm one of those who beleive in *building*. never been much of a collector... :)

Originally posted by jflis
FlisKits has made some changes to how the main page ( https://fliskits.com/ ) is displayed.

We are hoping that this makes it easier to read important information and have easier access to important links.

Feedback is most welcome.

jim

Jim, I know I commented on this in another thread, but I think the page has been cleaned up quite a bit. I also think teasers work well too. Instead of having the entire headline clutter the front page, a condensed version with "..." and a link to "READ MORE" will work just fine for when you have more announcements. I think it looks much better than what it did.

Thank for the input. I feel it looks better and I know it can look much better yet. I just haven't the time to really look into a complete overhaul at this time...

but this improvement *does* help, that's for sure :)

Originally posted by jflis
Thank for the input. I feel it looks better and I know it can look much better yet. I just haven't the time to really look into a complete overhaul at this time...

but this improvement *does* help, that's for sure :)

Nah, no overhaul needed. Looks fine.

Feedback: I'm not sure what resolution your screen is set to when you're designing pages, but set it to 800x600 and view the Tour de Deuce albums. (Florida or New York) The reader doesn't have a great deal of window to view the images. Maybe the pictures can open in a new window? See attachment.

One other suggestion - Would it be possible to add a Tour de Deuce (70px X 70px) logo with an image-mapped hyperlink on the righthand banner of links maybe just above the NAR logo?

Good image, thanx. I will do some work on the photo album.

And the TDD link logo on the fliskits main page is a good idea.

In fact, *that's* done, check it out :)
jim

Back