FlisKits Vendor Chat

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings folks! :)

I had a thought. Quite a while ago I hosted a "FlisKits Vendor Chat" where I invited folks who wanted to chat about FlisKits (company, products, people, whatever) could get together in the chat room and I would field questions.

It seemed to have gone over very well and several folks said they would love another one.

Well, as you have read, there have been several announcements over the past couple of weeks and several more coming in the next couple of weeks and I thought that this may be a good time for another such chat.

Would there be any interest? Tentatively I would plan on scheduling it for around 2pm this coming sunday (the 9th), but other days/times would work based on the desires of the forum.

Let me know and if there is interest we can firm up a day/time in the coming days.

jim

Jim,

Sounds good...

Though I must warn you ..I'm in a heavy Scale Mode and will be on pins and needles about any scale designs you have in the works..8)

Looking forward to the 2nd one..8)

Cheers,

Originally posted by jflis
Would there be any interest? Tentatively I would plan on scheduling it for around 2pm this coming sunday (the 9th), but other days/times would work based on the desires of the forum.

I would love to join you for this chat, but 2pm is right in the middle of O-burg launch...... Has anyone figured out how to "record" or save what is said during a chat? I remember there was some conversation about that after your last chat......

I still haven't figured that out yet... any hints from mods or admin on how (if) to save the contents of a chat session?

jim

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
I would love to join you for this chat, but 2pm is right in the middle of O-burg launch......
That might be an issue with me too, but I might not go on Sunday

how (if) to save the contents of a chat session?
Use a 'real' IRC client (such as mIRC on Windoze, or X-Chat for Penguin-Powered-People), which has a Save chat to log function.

Originally posted by cydermaster
Use a 'real' IRC client (such as mIRC on Windoze, or X-Chat for Penguin-Powered-People), which has a Save chat to log function.

well, i doubt that we're going to change chat clients, let alone by this weekend... :p so we need to know if we can save the chat session with the tool that is currently used.

another option would be to cut-n-paste the entire session just before logging off. I could do that easy enough.

jim

Well, at least on my end, you can't cut and paste out of the TRF IRC client. And, you can only go up to see the contents of the chat to a certain point. Maybe someone who uses mIRC can record it?

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
Maybe someone who uses mIRC can record it?

Calling all mIRC users! Calling all mIRC users! Please report to TRF on Sunday, Jan 9th, 2005 at 2:00pm EDT and record the Vendor Chat....

Thank you :D

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
Calling all mIRC users! Calling all mIRC users! Please report to TRF on Sunday, Jan 9th, 2005 at 2:00pm EDT and record the Vendor Chat....

Thank you :D

I can do that ill be sure im in there so I can record the logs

I'm probably remembering wrong stuff, but don't all the participants of the chat have to agree to the chat being recorded before you can *legally* do it?

:confused:

Phil

It seemed to have gone over very well and several folks said they would love another one.

I must have missed the previous one, but it sounds like an interesting idea.

P.S. Which 2pm? GMT? ;)

Originally posted by WiK
I'm probably remembering wrong stuff, but don't all the participants of the chat have to agree to the chat being recorded before you can *legally* do it?

Phil

It will be added to the topic so everyone who comes in will know it and as an op in the room it is a tool to moderate the room to keep it with in our standards

Originally posted by Bowhunter
I can do that ill be sure im in there so I can record the logs

thank you guy, one less thing to worry about :)

Now, for those who don't remember, and also for first timers to these vendor chats, we had established a set of rules that really seemed to work well and allowed for a good flow for the chat.

- This is a FlisKits Vendor Chat for TRF members to ask questions about FlisKits.
- Any topic related to FlisKits, our products, service, people, company, etc are encouraged
- Once we set the time, we will begin within a few minutes of that time (unlike the last one where I showed up late LOL)
- Feel free to come in even after the chat has begun However please refrain from saying "hi" (with the corisponding replies of "hi"...) as this is disruptive. Look at is as having walked into class late during a lecture.
- This will be a moderated chat and we discovered that (so long as everyone plays nice) the vendor (me) can self moderate
- This will not be a "free for all" :) Rather, I will use the list of folks in the chat and, beginning with the person at the top of the list I will invite them to ask a question. If you do not have a question, respond with "PASS" and I will go on to the next person. If you DO have a question, I've found it helpful if you respond right away with something like "ahem" or whatever so that we know you are there. sometimes we waited 2-3 minutes only to discover that the user had been disconnected but their name still appeared in the list.
- If you want to do a 2-part or a followup, mention "Follow Up" in your first question
- All questions are directed to the vendor (me). Please don't use this as a time to ask others questions or to carry on conversations as it would get too confusing
- Please refrain from engaging me in any private chats as this causes me to loose focus on the questions I should be answering.

Really very simple. Similiar to how a moderated debate works, but with only one person answering questions.

The last time it was very exciting and enjoyable and I think everyone that attended had a good time and learned some fun things.

Also (just occured to me), if you have any, what you feel are complicated or in depth questions, feel free to email the question to me before this sunday and I will have a prepared answer. If I receive any such questions I will begin the chat with these.

I just hope my back is better then... ( i wrenched it yesterday... ...wish I could say I did it doing some "manly" thing, but I was just getting out of my chair for another cup of coffee.... man :p )

jim

Originally posted by WiK

Phil

INteresting point, but not exactly accurate. It is adequate to let everyone know that it is being recorded. If someone objects to the chat being recorded because they don't want their comments recorded, they need not participate. An individual is *not* entitled to object to someone *elses* conversation being recorded.

So, with that in mind:

This FlisKits Vendor Chat will be recorded. If you do not want your comments recorded please do not participate.

If you enter the chat room it is understood that you know the chat is being recorded and that you approve of this recording. FlisKits acknowleges that this recording is copyrighted by TRF and *not* FlisKits.

This will be mentioned again at the beginning of the chat.

jim

Originally posted by hokkyokusei
I must have missed the previous one, but it sounds like an interesting idea.

P.S. Which 2pm? GMT? ;)

oohh, another good question :) 2pm EST (Eastern Standard Time) is the 2PM I was talking about.

this is just a suggestion. If another time is preferred by many folks we can change it. I figured mid/early afternoon for the east coast would allow all of north America to participate and the UK as well.

oohh, another good question :) 2pm EST (Eastern Standard Time) is the 2PM I was talking about.

this is just a suggestion. If another time is preferred by many folks we can change it. I figured mid/early afternoon for the east coast would allow all of north America to participate and the UK as well.

I wasn't sure where in the US you were. 2pm EST (7pm GMT/UTC) will be fine for us UKadians I should have thought.

Originally posted by hokkyokusei
will be fine for us UKadians
Good for me! :D

(UKadians? Where did you get that from? lol Wouldn't it be more correct to describe us as Great Britains? ;) )

Originally posted by cydermaster
(UKadians? Where did you get that from? lol Wouldn't it be more correct to describe us as Great Britains? ;) )

UKadians - I made it up.

Great Britons (note the spelling;)), while good for you and me, might rule out those denizens of the United Kingdom that do not reside on the island of Great Britain!

I would like to invite all TRF members to take part of this. This will be the chance to have all of your questions anwered

Has there been a way figured to save what is chatted about?? I won't be able to join in:mad: :(

Larry

I beleive that we have. SOmeone volunteered (i think) to record it as we go along (bowhunter?)

jim

Back