Fliskits US Tog

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukemmcssret

Reaction score
I am trying to make a RockSim 9.?? File for the US Tog. I built it and now want to write a review. I know I do not need a RockSim file to write a review but it would be neat. Here is my problem. How do you get the rear reactor tube to wrap around the main body tube that goes to the nose cone? I tried making one tube an engine mount and the other the main body. The program does not understand this. Also the tube is glued to the side of the other bigger tube. Rocksim puts it in the middle. Also I tried the pod thing. That just puts the tube on the outside. not inside?? Anyhelp is appreciated. nukemmcssret :cheers:

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the rocket US TOG, it isn't finished. I am stil deciding on a color scheme. :)

IMG_2416 compressed.JPG

US TOG internet ready  compressed.JPG

IMG_2417 compressed.JPG

Preston- Try making an 'inside tube' object, but have it be the
outer tube. You'll need to play with the radial angle/distance to
get it placed where you want.

Not sure how that will affect the fin placement (probably the next
challenge). Also not sure how this impacts the aerodynamic
characteristics & calculations.

HTH!

Preston- Try making an 'inside tube' object, but have it be the
outer tube. You'll need to play with the radial angle/distance to
get it placed where you want.

Not sure how that will affect the fin placement (probably the next
challenge). Also not sure how this impacts the aerodynamic
characteristics & calculations.

HTH!

Well I finally figured it out. I used a pod with a tube and adjusted the pods angle/position to .8 inches and now the tube rests right inside the other. I will send a rocksim image when I get it finished. I do not think the outer tube is the right size. I have to check the kit. I have not gotten to the point of remembering tube sizes, of the kits. Thanks for the advice it steared me in the correct direction. nukemmcssret :horse:

Last edited:
Back