FlisKits - Ulysses (MX003) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Every so often I'll find a good deal on some Model Kits which allow some freedom of expression in the building.
Recently I ran into an on-line sale that I just couldn't pass up which is where I picked up both the ISM & Ulysses Fliskits.
Looking at the Ulysses fins and square styrene accent spars got me thinking about what other interesting modifications I could make without completely changing the original look.
With some Evergreen 1/2 round, a few bits of scrap tubing, some rolled computer paper do-dads and a good amount of tiny Riveting. I think i've added must a bit more interest to the kit. altering flat part of the fin pattern also seem to help my eye. I'm hoping it whistles on the way up:)

Post copied with permission

MM 382p01-Lg_Ulysses X-Metal Silv & Red_09-15-11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my Fliskits Ulysses, posing with it's mutant sibling, a goony Ulysses. The goony is the larger one.

The Ulysses is NOT a cardmodel - it's a real model - so I didn't make a MMax cardmodel of it since that would just be copying.

I'll be able to say how it flies once the rain stops.

Attachments

• IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:
This is my Fliskits Ulysses, posing with it's mutant sibling, a goony Ulysses. The goony is the larger one.

The Ulysses is NOT a cardmodel - it's a real model - so I didn't make a MMax cardmodel of it since that would just be copying.

I'll be able to say how it flies once the rain stops.

LOL I love it! :)

Welcome to the FlisKits Ulysses (MX003) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the FlisKits Ulysses (MX003) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

FlisKits: Ulysses: MX003

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
FlisKits Ulysses (MX003) Basic Information.

fliskits.gif
FlisKits

MODEL NAME: Ulysses Also known as:

NUMBER: MX003

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Jim Flis

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x6mm
Recovery: Streamer
Stages: 1
Length: 9.39"
Diameter: 0.375"
Span: 3.147"
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Featuring water-slide decals. (FlisKits 2010 Catalog)

=====

The FlisKits Ulysses is a unique Micromaxx® design that features a long, stylish model with a large payload-type front end, large balsawood fins and intricate fin runners that sweep from the fin tips to the central body tube in graceful arcs that set the Ulysses apart from any other model in our current fleet of Micromaxx® model rocket kits.

In addition to its gracefull looks, the Ulysses also features a full (well in Micromaxx® style) sheet of exciting water-slide decals to help decorate your model. Included (see image at left) are two logo images, passenger windows, identifier flair and fin markings

Standing nearly 9 1/2" tall, the Ulysses heralds as one of our largest Micromaxx® kits and comes with a full bag of parts to provide you with building flying fun as FlisKits models tend to do!

Kit comes with everything to need to build the Ulysses. Kit does not include tools, glue, finishing supplies nor motors.

Check out our other fine Micromaxx® offerings including kits, parts and accessories as FlisKits continues to grow this segment of model rocketry! (FlisKits 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

fliskits-ulysses%20mx003-2010%20cat.jpg
2010 Catalog

fliskits-ulysses%20mx003-2006%20web.jpg
2006 Web Ad
fliskits-ulysses%20mx003-2011%20web.jpg
2011 Web Ad
fliskits-ulysses%20mx003-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back