FlisKits Thunderbird

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome work, waaaay better than my one. If mine gets trashed i will have to buy another one and try and do it better.

Mine was flown quite a bit last year and suffered no damage at all. I did do a lot of strenghteningbof mine to make it a rougher bird for tough landings.

I did post a vid on you tube of mine on its maiden flight.

Here ya go, launch vid on its maiden flight. Up close in the video you can see the finish is a lot rougher than people may imagine from the build thread.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJauEVv1bgc

Flew sweet though and even though it cam down on rough grass and gravel it survived ro make quite a few more flights in the summer. Hasnt suffered any damage yet.

Last edited:
Here's mine. It's not Fliskits - at the time I built this I hadn't heard of Fliskits. In fact, at the time I built this, Fliskits had barely heard of Fliskits. :D It goes up on a D12-5 and four B6-0's or C6-0's. It comes down in five pieces, intentionally. :)

On the pad:
thndrbrd.jpg

Going up:
irw2006_launch.jpg

Boosters away:
separated.jpg

Here ya go, launch vid on its maiden flight. Up close in the video you can see the finish is a lot rougher than people may imagine from the build thread.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJauEVv1bgc

Flew sweet though and even though it cam down on rough grass and gravel it survived ro make quite a few more flights in the summer. Hasnt suffered any damage yet.

Looks good to me, nice flight as well!

Is it wrong that I'm now thinking about what rocket I should build in order to use a particular piece of music for the launch video?

LOL...well technically the Thunderbird should have had the theme from Thunderbirds but when I did that it just didnt seem right. If ai ever build a Doyuz it will definitely have 'The East is Red' as the music :)

My vid facilities are pretty limited so I am a bit restricted on what I can do. Its all taken off an iPhonea nd efited down with free bits of software mostly by my other half but sometimes by my youngest. I dont have the patience for video editing stuff.

Back