fliskits shipping??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lipp

Reaction score
when ordering kits from FLISKITS, how long does it normally take for them to be shipped?? I know they have 2-4 weeks, but I ordered DUECES WILD and im jonesing very bad...... it'll be my first cluster.

Jim is VERY good about shipping. I've gotten my orders from him within a week of my ordering, and that's going from NH to San Diego! One order got here within 48 hours of my placing the order online...

WW

WOW!!! living in indianapolis is a lot closer. I certanly hope it's like that quik for mine. thanks for the prompt reply..

3 days and I live in Michigan. Hang in there lipp. The Deuce is worth the wait. Trust me on this one.

I'm trying1 It was friday and had no kit to work on. in fact i have no kit to work on at all, all weekend,,,,,,OOOOHHHH GOOD LORD!!!! the reality is setting in.. and it stinks.......

The longest I have waited is 10 days and my packages have to travel over 5000 miles. Jim is great at responding to e-mails, he can tell you when he shipped it. It's that type of great customer service that has me locked in as a FlisKits customer time and time again.

Originally posted by lipp
when ordering kits from FLISKITS, how long does it normally take for them to be shipped?? I know they have 2-4 weeks, but I ordered DUECES WILD and im jonesing very bad...... it'll be my first cluster.

There was a going joke at one time that Jim was "in" with the postal system somehow. It's wierd or Twighlight Zone like - you could be placing an order and just as you click "submit order" the doorbell would ring!

Ok, well not that fast but it sured seemed like it. Aside from ordering kits, I think FlisKits is great for ordering parts from if you're in the middle of a scratchbuild and find you are missing something.

I can't speak for all, but I think FlisKits kinda hooked everyone and set a much higher expectation of other vendors because of the fast turnaround. On a side note, you can take consolation in knowing that if your order is lost or super late for whatever reason you'll get a *rare* "Overdue" kit. You can read more about that offer <a href="https://www.fliskits.com/services/overdue_promotion.htm">here</a>.

Let us know how the Deuces experience goes for you. I think you'll enjoy the build and the dual smoke trails left behind.

lipp,
If you ordered on Friday, or even Saturday I'd bet your kit will be at your doorstep Tuesday. Wednesday at the latest.:)

My first cluster rocket was the Deuce's Wild, and also it was my first Fliskit. Been hooked ever since. You'll love the DW just make sure you use 12v for ignition and a clip whip.

Larry

The best delivery I ever got was on an auction I won from Dave at Red Arrow Hobbies.

Auction was over at 3:00 P.M. Dave has my credit card number on file (OK..THAT'S a big mistake!!), he packaged it up and sent it UPS regular ground by 4:00 P.M.

It was at my door by 10:00 A.M the next morning!

19 hrs!!! hard to beat!

My best delivery experience isnt quite that good, but it's close. 22 Hours from McMaster-Carr on an order of 7 different items. Not too shabby considering the size of the organization that had to run through!

WW

I ordered a Tumbleweed on 9/8, got notification of shipping on 9/9, received the kit today 9/11

I think that's pretty good service.

Rick

I received an e-mail from fliskits saying my order will ship tuesday cause they're backed up a little from packageing new kits. Thats still wanderful turn around. FLISKITS KICKS!!!!!!

gosh, gee, golly... :eek: :eek:

I've commented many times here (and on other forums), if I am *anal* about anything it's customer satisfaction and getting orders out. I know that *I* hate waiting weeks for something to come in.

lipp
we have received your order and I think I even responded to an email you sent :) I am hoping that it goes out Monday, but it may be Tuesday (you hit us at a bad time, it may take 4 days from date of order and that *kills* me, believe it...)

> Friday we had a massive shipment go out
> Saturday was my neice's Bat Mitzva
> Tonight I am working on the instructions for the new Triskelion that we want to announce and distribute at the anniversary party next saturday
> This afternoon materials came in to allow us to kit up the Overdrive and ACME (currently out of stock), the Deuce (close to OOS), the FarScape, the Praetor, the Triskelion and a host of others that we are getting low on (we have been doing a lot of retailer orders of late :) )
> Tomorrow (sunday) I will be kitting all the live long day
> Monday I have 3 appointments in Massachusettes...

If I get back early enough I can get the weekend orders out. Otherwise they will have to wait till the Tuesday shipments...

No rest for the weary LOL

But not to worry, your order is in good hands :)

jim

thanks for the reply jim..... i said it before and it's worth mentioning again FLISKITS KICKS!!!!!!!!! I can't waite.

Originally poated by lipp
I'm trying1 It was friday and had no kit to work on. in fact i have no kit to work on at all, all weekend,,,,,,OOOOHHHH GOOD LORD!!!! the reality is setting in.. and it stinks.......
How does that happen :confused:

I have at least a dozen unbuilt kits, enough parts to scratch build at least a dozen more and 9 more in various stages of construction :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I have another kit on the way ;)

And I'll bet that to some of the guys here, I got nothin' :p

I have at least a dozen unbuilt kits, enough parts to scratch build at least a dozen more and 9 more in various stages of construction

LOL! That's just what's on TOP of my work bench!:D

Probably that much more that fell on the floor this week!

I got it bad!

I know!:rolleyes: I'll just build another workbench!;)

same here

I usually have too many options and can't stick to one

this is just the end of my worktable

where does a person get that much stuff?? I always use the hole kit when i'm building. I guess just starting I've not started buying doubles yet. I can't wait to be able to just sit down any time I want and start building whatever I want. that would be great.

where does a person get that much stuff?? I always use the hole kit when i'm building. I guess just starting I've not started buying doubles yet. I can't wait to be able to just sit down any time I want and start building whatever I want. that would be great.

One of the best things I recommend for someone once they've gotten 3 or 4 kits under their belts is to buy a nice large tube assortment. Various vendors, FlisKits included, sell them at a reasonable cost. Also get an assortment of nose cones to go with them. Get some motor mount kits (Estes sells them), and also some balsa from Michaels (or whatever your source may be). Then go to town with some home-built rockets. Have fun. Be creative. You'll be practicing your building/finishing skills, learning about stability, and building your confidence. Really a very good way to go!

That's how we end up with all those tubes.:)

WW

Well, it doesn't help that we have our local club meetings at Totally Tubular's place once a month...and tubes are just so darned cheap!

And I make nose cones.

And I've been doing it longer than Jim Flis has...but only by a few weeks.:D

I get shivers every time I open a box and see this... rocketry nervana...

This is a box of 18mm motor tubes. We've since emptied this one (pic taken in Jan) and are on the other one now...

(that box is 24" on a side...

WOW!!! what does a box of tubes like that set a fella back????? are tubes cheaper when you buy them by bulk???? probably. could someone get like a box of bt-60 like that and such????

Originally posted by jflis
I get shivers every time I open a box and see this... rocketry nervana...

This is a box of 18mm motor tubes. We've since emptied this one (pic taken in Jan) and are on the other one now...

(that box is 24" on a side...

Can you say cluster????:D

bmhiii

everythings cheaper in bulk.. but the *bigger* the bulk, the *bigger* the discount. That's 5000 tube yer looking at...

hokie smoke!! I wouldn't be able to use that many,, or well I could try....:D :D just kidding. I just want to get an idea of how i could start gathering parts the cheapest way possible???

Originally posted by jflis
That's 5000 tube yer looking at...

Mmm....

5000 C6 cluster....droool! :p :D

Total Newtons
45000Newtons-Seconds

Total Pounds of Thrust
10112.359550561797 LBS

Size of Combined Motors
54.931640625% of a P Motor

That's one way to do it....

Hee Hee!

Jason

Originally posted by sandman
LOL! That's just what's on TOP of my work bench!:D

Probably that much more that fell on the floor this week!

I got it bad!

I know!:rolleyes: I'll just build another workbench!;)

Wish I had a workbench. The wife is always griping I don't build my rockets fast enough. And has since asked me to quit buying rockets...... several times. :p I told her I suffer from a growing form of insanity of which there is no cure, Model Rocketry. I don't know what my poor wife will do when I acutally have a place with a garage. Then I'll be splitting time between rockets and working on the AUtoX car.

Oh yes, then there is the rocket-painting backlog..... it's getting near the number 100. Too much humidity has been the case this summer, though I'm hoping to hit the paint case hard this fall.

that sounds like grounds for divorce!!!!!!!!:D :D HA!!HA!! I know the feeling. my wife told me I could only buy the duece this weekend. then i said hey look a 40% coupon for michael's. well i just launched screamin mimi that i bought yesterday. paint log is behind by 3 here........... OOOHHHH!!! yeah 50% off one item at michael's in the paper today... thats cool cause i got three kids, 50% off for everyone. i'll have a bunch of new kits this week.

that sounds like grounds for divorce!!!!!!!!:

Nah, it's nothing a new sewing machine can't fix! ;) I'm kidding! At this point I think she realizes the rockets are going nowhere (come to think of it, I haven't launched this summer!! :eek: So they're going nowhere in more ways than one) My "problem" is buying kits and parts faster than I can build rockets. Just takes a little while in the hobby. Then you buy and buy until you can house rockets no more!

I gyess i'm to new at this, everything i get i build that day. don't get them painted right away, but they get built.

Back