Fliskits ROCK

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
Ive dealt with many vendors but I can say that TRF's jflis at Fliskits has got to have the best service out there. If ya need something fast this is the company to go to even with weird and odd orders they are the best in my book.

Perhaps this should be a thread unto itself, but I was wondering...

Jim has often commented on the time-intensive labor of putting together the large number of kits that he sells. From what I've gathered, his work force is pretty limited, and he's one of the primary assembly folks. Is it right for the R&D guy to be the one also doing the labor at this point in his business, or should he "outsource" to some "less skilled" labor?

Here's my idea for Jim: Get ahold of some of the more reliable youngsters in the local area, and hold a "kitting party" where the kids put together the kits, assembly line style, and as a reward for an hour's work, they each get one of the smaller kits. This way, you could 1) get more kits out for sale; 2) free up more brain time for producing new kit ideas; and 3) help build more support in the local community.

I know that if I was offered an opportunity when I was a kid, I'd jump all over it, and my folks would have been glad to have me out of the house and doing something productive for an afternoon!;)

WW

Originally posted by wwattles
Perhaps this should be a thread unto itself, but I was wondering...

Here's my idea for Jim: Get ahold of some of the more reliable youngsters in the local area, and hold a "kitting party" where the kids put together the kits, assembly line style, and as a reward for an hour's work, they each get one of the smaller kits. This way, you could 1) get more kits out for sale; 2) free up more brain time for producing new kit ideas; and 3) help build more support in the local community.

WW

Sounds great, but a "watchdog group" (someone with nothing better to do) will probably be all over him about exploiting "Child Labor". I don't think that he needs that hassle.

EDIT: But I would have jumped at the chance to do exactly that when I was a kid.

lol, yeah...humanitarian agencies will be salivating at your post.

Interesting idea :)

Actually, Kathy does most of the kitting (I seal the bags). I would say, conservatively, that Kathy has packaged 98% of every kit we've shipped.

At the rate our sales are climbing though, we will have to look at hiring at some point, that is clear.

This is a good thing :) :)

Originally posted by jflis
Interesting idea :)

Actually, Kathy does most of the kitting (I seal the bags). I would say, conservatively, that Kathy has packaged 98% of every kit we've shipped.

At the rate our sales are climbing though, we will have to look at hiring at some point, that is clear.

This is a good thing :) :)

Polishing up my Resume ;)

Back