fliskits paper building spree

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlaineC

Reaction score
So today I'm stuck at home in bed thanks to a faulty moter on my wheelchair and a as of yet not showing up repair tech. I decided to use this time to build the complete beautifully designed Fliskits paper rocket collection. I started with the Nsl Airways My only problem was the fact that I had to chouse the nose cone. Maybe i'll build two more for the extra nose cones, then moved on over to the Caution and the Holloween Caution, after that the nebulia, this one i boched on thanks to forgetting how the fins went on and now it looks like a strange 3fnc. I will build another one properly. I built the Midnight express and the tour de duce next little tricky to role the tubes in bed but they came out ok. And finally all of the 13mm kits. I have to say that They are great little kits and I loved building them. I do admit I have built a few of the cautions before thanks to the holloween caution and my sister little ones, but Thease all mean a bit more because A friend had the all profesionally printed up for me on 110 cardstock. and they look beautiful. The little guys are waiting for me to decide on a paint job. My only question with the little ones how do i propect them fron the ejection charge. build a block? So I need to say thank you to jflis for helping me today with what would surly have been a long boring day.

:hugs:

char

ps links for the great kits

nebula
https://www.fliskits.com/products/free_stuff.htm

tour de duce paper rocket https://www.fliskits.com/products/rocketkits/free_dl/fps_fretdd.pdf

midnight express https://www.fliskits.com/products/free_dl/paper_rockets/midnight_express.htm

Caution and nsl

https://www.fliskits.com/products/free_dl/paper_rockets/caution_rocket.htm

Too bad about the chair. :( Sounds like a fialry productive day considering the situation. Could you give a link to the Nsl Airways and tour de duece? Unless this is the standard duece kit you're talking about.

ok I need to make a correction because the little rockets are from art appleworks rockets. https://www.artapplewhite.com/

the little 13mm rockets seem to burn at the ejection spot, what can I do to prevent this?

I also added the likes above aswell

Glad you are enjoying them :)

I've been flying the Midnight Express for over 25 years now. I first came up with that for schools that couldn't afford to purchase rockets. It wasn't until I started FlisKits that I came up with the others.

Keep us posted on the flights!

Oh, and if that repair tech doesn't show up soon, just fit a fair number of 24mm mounts onto the back of the chair and do some reading on cluster ignition... :D

jim

Oh, and if that repair tech doesn't show up soon, just fit a fair number of 24mm mounts onto the back of the chair and do some reading on cluster ignition... :D
Trying to follow Wan Hu's example? :lol:

A scale model of the wheelchair with 47 motors could be entertaining, though...

Seriously though, paper models aren't that prone to ejection charge damage. The usual quantity of wadding is sufficient. The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks that a rocket is heir to will get it first.

I'm trying to get the va to get me this either this one
4x.gif

or
home.jpg

I think I want both

this is my current chair
187_I1.jpg

Its called a life stand

I know I should be looking on the possative stive and have hopes that the docers are right and after my next surgery to remove the shrapnel thats putting pressure on my spinal courd. I may regain use of my legs. but the key word is may. So I pray about it every day but It does still get to me at times. I always feel as though i'm putting my loved ones out esp this time of year. sorry to ramble. you know you guys really have helped me alot. thanks i mean it

You want to get one of these. Admittedly the current occupant appears somewhat older than you. But he didn't let his disabilities get in the way of his ambitions. If it hadn't been for a pesky doctor, he'd probably be ruling the world, or rather a lot of worlds, by now. :D

My only question with the little ones how do i propect them fron the ejection charge. build a block?

:hugs:

char

One of the Midnight express rockets that we (I) built was just a shade oversized and the engine block in the kit/sheet wasn't enough. I just cut out a piece of cardboard from a case of Pepsi (a cereal box is good too) to fit inside the tube. Glue it in over the original (too small) engine block and you're good to go.

edit - Oh yeah, for the Art Applewhite 13mm saucers it works much better to use the plugged motors. Otherwise the ejection charges do tend to scorch them. I've even had my 24mm Stealth catch on fire, but it usually goes out before it hits the ground. A little worse for wear, but still flying!

I have an Applewhite 13mm Stealth (PDF link), and "A10-PT ONLY" is printed right on the pattern.

For the Midnight Express, how about gluing some aluminum foil on the inside of the airframe? You know, dry-fit the whole thing first, see where the motor mount is going to be, and then glue in the foil so it will form a sleeve on the inside of the airframe?

Fliskits suggests using photo paper. I have not been able to get white or yellow glue to stick to the photo paper even after sanding the glossy part a little. Any suggestions?

Charlaine, I fly my Art Applewhite freebies on A10-3T's all the time. Most of them have a light coat of glue where the ejection charge would do the most damage. For those with open tops like the Cinco, I just leave it bare with no mods to it. There's no damage except a coat of soot. Besides, if one of the freebies does get burnt, you can always build another one for less than a cent.

Fliskits suggests using photo paper. I have not been able to get white or yellow glue to stick to the photo paper even after sanding the glossy part a little. Any suggestions?

I use HP photo paper and have gotten good bonds with white glue, epoxy as well as glue sticks if I sand the glue tab first...

Back