FlisKits: new retailer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
FlisKits is proud to announce that we have finally secured the Anchorage House of Hobbies in Anchorage, Alaska!

We had hoped to get them last year but they were preparing for a move (business must be good :) ) and, while interested, they didn't want to add anything new till after the move.

After speaking with them yesterday they followed up with their initial order which will be shipping later today.

Those of you in the Anchorage area (for Alaskans, that would mean anyone within a days drive or 2-days by sled... :) ), be sure to check'em out next week and show them that they made the right choice!

Their web site can also be found on our site under "Find a Retailer"

Enjoy!
jim

Last edited:
Just confirmed that the expected delivery date of this first order to the Anchorage House of Hobbies will be Saturday, March 10th.

Let's see if we can get a few folks to camp out in front of the store that Saturday morning, just to freak'em out a bit... LOL

No, just kidding. Please don't! LOL

Wow, I used to go into that hobby shop too! Back then (circa 1999) they carried some Estes kits and components. Glad to see hobbies thriving in Anchorage, AK!

Will they be delivered by an Ice Road Trucker?
thumbnail.aspx

More snow than ice, so I'm told :) My sister lives in Anchorage and she sent me this pix...

And, according to her, they've gotten off light whereas Fairbanks has seen over 265 inches so far since 1-Dec... I can't even wrap my mind around that! LOL

IMG_1175.jpg

Just got word back from the Anchorage House of Hobbies. Kits have arrived and are moving fast! :) That's always wonderful feedback from a retailer!

More snow than ice, so I'm told :) My sister lives in Anchorage and she sent me this pix...

And, according to her, they've gotten off light whereas Fairbanks has seen over 265 inches so far since 1-Dec... I can't even wrap my mind around that! LOL

Are you sure that's your sister? She's a dang sight prettier!:D

Are you sure that's your sister? She's a dang sight prettier!:D

Yep, and she is sure holding her age a lot better considering she's nearly 15 years older and works on her husbands commercial fishing boat in the summers and is a champion dog sled racer in the winters... :)

Yep, and she is sure holding her age a lot better considering she's nearly 15 years older and works on her husbands commercial fishing boat in the summers and is a champion dog sled racer in the winters... :)

Reading email too fast can be hazardous. I saw Evil Ed's post and scrolled up to see what your sister looked like. I scrolled too fast and ended up looking at Scotty's ice road trucker thinking that there was no way on earth that was your sister. No offense to your actual sister who is still several orders of magnitude better looking than you.

Back