FlisKits: New Component Announcement!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
emk5-124-413-70.gif

FlisKits is proud to announce several new products!

FlisKits today announced 6 new engine mount kits, ALL of them for Cluster configurations! These engine mount kits include:
- Dual 13mm in a BT55
- Dual 18mm in a BT-60
- Dual 18mm in a BT-70 (with the motors spaced apart for Gemini Titan sport scale)
- Triple 24mm in a BT-70 using a tube sleeve
- Triple 24mm in a BT70 using centering rings
- FIVE engine cluster (one 24mm surrounded by four 13mm) in a BT70

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition to this exciting announcement, FlisKits has also added the follow items to round out their large and growing parts offering:

- BT-20-18 (18" long version of this most popular tube)
- CRF-50-55 Centering ring to center a BT50 in a BT55
- CRF-50-70 Centering ring to center a BT50 in a BT70
- NCB-50X parabolic nose cone for the BT50
- NCB-60DW, the Deuce nose cone is now OFF hold!
- FSB-1-3-6, 1/32" balsa fin stock in 3" X 6" sizes, 6 to a pack!

It is with great excitement that we make these new announcements so soon after the two kit announcements for the Tres and the Long OverDue.

Keep close watch on our web site at https://fliskits.com/ because we are growing and we are growing fast. In the coming 12 months we will be adding up to 10 new kits, gobs of new parts and accessories (including more cluster engine mount kits!) and are seriously looking into field support equipment.

Open 24/7, selling around the world and traveling around the country to find out what YOU need from a model rocket company. FlisKits is rapidly becoming the "rocketeers rocketry company"!

Don't blink...

...you may miss something!

Good job Flisdad!!!!!

Looking forward to all those new kits.:cool:

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

Wow! VERY VERY COOL! That's very cool Jim. I will be buying some soon...how soon, I don't know. I really like on the site how you set up the information, very good! When shall we expect KITS using these mounts?! Hee hee hee!

This is very good for the scratch builder in me and all of us!

THANKS

Jason

- NCB-50X parabolic nose cone for the BT50

Cool! That's my favorite cone (don't know why really)

Used for the Astron Sprint and Astron Constellation!

sandman

My head is spinning!! I just LOVE that 5 engine cluster!!

10 new kits? I am really excited about that as well!!

Fred

Originally posted by jetra2
I really like on the site how you set up the information, very good! When shall we expect KITS using these mounts?! Hee hee hee!

I was hoping someone would notice. This is a new attempt at making the site better and the information more useful. For those of you who haven't noticed, you can click on the part number for the cluster engine kits to get some more detail on the kit.

Over time, I hope to have similar pages for all sub-assembly kits (like the other engine mounts, parachute kits, pop lug, etc)

As for using them in designs, i'm sure it'll happen just not sure when.

I love the NCB-50X also. It's a great allpurpose cone and has a nice look to it (very long) We've had it for a while, just didn't have any for the parts department. That is the cone we use on the Cheetah! model rocket kit.

Glad to see this has generated some excitement :)

While I'm a huge FK fan , I'm gonna take this moment to pick a nit with the site (and live up to my title).

It's difficult to determine which products are available at first glance in the component sections. In general "coming soon" items have a light green background and "future" items are a light red. Nice. Consistent. But what I'm more interested in is what's available. This changes between sections. In Engine Mounts, it's white; in Centering Rings, light blue; Couplers, it's green. It seems you're trying to color by item, but it's confusing when switching between sections.

Cool mounts by the way. Can't wait for the 4x24 ;)

merely my $.02,
-bill

Originally posted by wyldbill
While I'm a huge FK fan , I'm gonna take this moment to pick a nit with the site (and live up to my title).

It's difficult to determine which products are available at first glance in the component sections. In general "coming soon" items have a light green background and "future" items are a light red. Nice. Consistent. But what I'm more interested in is what's available. This changes between sections. In Engine Mounts, it's white; in Centering Rings, light blue; Couplers, it's green. It seems you're trying to color by item, but it's confusing when switching between sections.

merely my $.02,
-bill

Bill,

Yep, and you've identified what I **originally** tried to present as a feature but realized that it fell short...

There are some here that have noticed, some others who've noticed *sub-consiously*... ...But those colors match the color codes used for the component tables in catalogs from *long* ago that many of us oldsters grew up with and love so much...

**BUT**, seeing as our (FlisKits) focus is ALL rocketeers and not just BARs with a bad case of nostagia, I need to redo those pages for consistancy across the entire components area.

Good point and thank you for reminding me.

jim

Wow! Jim, you just totally blew me away with this :) This is so great. My head is spinning with design ideas for these clusters :D

Way to go. Keep it up, I know Fliskits is gonna go far.

Regards,
Todd

Now I need to get two Rickter Reckers. Build one stock, and one with the 24mm & 4x13mm, and drag race them!:D

Oh man.. Oh man. I have a couple designs up my sleaves :). Jim, don't be surprised if I place an order for some tubes, nosecones, and mounts ;)

FANTASTIC..i can't wait to get my hands on these:D being from the U.k. i have allmost given up on flying any mid or high power motors and i really see clusters as the way forward for me and possibly U.K. rocketeering.

Originally posted by Prowler901
Wow! Jim, you just totally blew me away with this :) This is so great. My head is spinning with design ideas for these clusters :D

Way to go. Keep it up, I know Fliskits is gonna go far.

Regards,
Todd

I'm personally looking forward to the days of FlisKits BP motors! Jim, great selection and great variety. The motor mount kits round out the components nicely.

Originally posted by wyldbill

merely my $.02,
-bill

Bill, again, thank you for the feedback.

As you will come to discover, I wrote the site, I maintain the site, but as far as *I* am concerned it isn't *my* site. It is YOUR site (yours and all of our customers). Therefore, I take feedback, comments and critisism very seriously.

I heard ya and I agree with ya (doesn't happen *all* the time, but did this time :) ). If you go to the COMPONENTS section of our web you will notice several changes:

- All undefined colors have been neutralized (with the exception of the body tube area. I just LOVE that amber color :) )

- I have included a KEY at the top of each section showing what colors mean what.

- based on feedback from another customer, I have added detail to the price column for each item so that it is crystal clear how many you get for the given price.

I will be starting a thread later on for the specific purpose of providing such feedback and will keep folks updated.

again, thank you and enjoy!

jim

Jim, just spotted an error on the information page for part number EMK3-24-70R. There is a contradiction in usage for this motor mount kit. Note text below:

Paragraph 2 states:

"The EMK3-24-70R Engine Mount Kit allows you to design or convert most any BT70 based model rocket for dual 18mm cluster flights!"

Paragraph 3 states:

"This engine mount also allows you to construct for either standard 24mm motors (2.75" long) or long 24mm motors (3.75" long), allowing a great deal of versatility."

Additionally, images for part number EMK3-24-70R are not available. (Red X's)

So how do I know this? I just ordered a MMT kit! Woohoo! (...and a Deuce, and some tubes, and a nosecone...sheesh, like I need more parts! Time to get in on the DOM action!)

ouch!

hate it when that happens :)

All fixed now.

Question though:

what's wrong with the line:

"This engine mount also allows you to construct for either standard 24mm motors (2.75" long) or long 24mm motors (3.75" long), allowing a great deal of versatility."

?

thanx,
jim

Originally posted by jflis
ouch!

hate it when that happens :)

All fixed now.

Question though:

what's wrong with the line:

?

thanx,
jim

Just illustrating/stating that it conradicted the "The EMK3-24-70R Engine Mount Kit allows you to design or convert most any BT70 based model rocket for dual 18mm cluster flights!" statement is all. ;) Nothing wrong here folks. Move along now. All fixed.

Jim, just saw this....

Originally posted by jflis
{snip}Therefore, I take feedback, comments and critisism very seriously.{snip}
This is one of the reasons your customers are loyal and talk you up in a big way :D It's nice as a customer to be able to provide feedback (AKA Constructive Criticism) and have it at least acknowledged. I don't expect anyone to do things my way, but if they want to stay in business, they should take the time to listen to the people spending the money. You've demonstrated that you do listen time and again and its one of the things (as well as great kits, good instructions, good communication, prompt shipping.... need I go on?) that will keep you successful.

This may seem a bit effusive in a public forum, but crap, you (and the "little people" if there are any) deserve it.

Thanks for the get back and keep up the great work,
-bill

Originally posted by eugenefl
Just illustrating/stating that it conradicted the "The EMK3-24-70R Engine Mount Kit allows you to design or convert most any BT70 based model rocket for dual 18mm cluster flights!" statement is all. ;) Nothing wrong here folks. Move along now. All fixed.

whew!

man, i must have stared at that line for 10 minutes trying to see what I had screwed up... LOL

I can sleep now... :p

Back