FlisKits: New body tube extravaganza!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
After reviewing order habits, we have noticed a lot of folks ordering all 3 of our engine tube sizes (BT-5-0175, BT-20-0275 & BT-50-0275). It happens quite often, sometimes buying two of them in one order then coming back for the third set...

so, we've just announced the BT-MIX-ET (Engine Tube), which containes 3 each of all 3 of these engine tubes. The price is $4.95 which is $0.30 (or about 6%) off of the price of the 3 packs individually purchased.

jim

well, we *have* a BT-50-04 (4") that we could certainly use in place of the BT-50-0275

General question, would that be more desireable? the 4" tube *does* make it easier to use the Estes E engine, but the 2.75" is more "conventional"

jim

you are kinda like me in that the Estes E is rather unconventional in it's length, and there is a nice step into MPR with the Aerotech reloadables. We chose to stick with the standard 2.75 length, and not complicate things like with spacers and all. However if you did want to accomodate Estes E's then you have to think about those spacers........

Where do ya go????

Dave

unconventional?
I build nearly every D rocket for E capability

from what I gather here, a great many others do too !

Me too. I set up just about everything I build in 24mm to run on E9's and then use the 1" adapter when running on a D12 or C11.

BAH!

Spacers...heresy!

Just use a 1/4" masking tape thrust ring!

Jason

Well, for the most part i tend to build conservative models (no wise cracks from the peanut gallery... :p ) and stability typically isn't an issue, so i build all of my 24mm models to take D motors and I just let the E motor hang out the back, if i'm going to use one. NOTE: Does NOT work with the A.C.M.E. Spitfire nor the Drake... I said "typically" :)

Originally posted by jflis
Well, for the most part i tend to build conservative models (no wise cracks from the peanut gallery... :p ) and stability typically isn't an issue, so i build all of my 24mm models to take D motors and I just let the E motor hang out the back, if i'm going to use one. NOTE: Does NOT work with the A.C.M.E. Spitfire nor the Drake... I said "typically" :)

Hang"em out the back!

Nothing a little noseweight can't fix!

Originally posted by jflis
well, we *have* a BT-50-04 (4") that we could certainly use in place of the BT-50-0275

General question, would that be more desireable? the 4" tube *does* make it easier to use the Estes E engine, but the 2.75" is more "conventional"

jim

Jim, if you did use the BT-50-04 instead of the BT-50-0275, you'd have all bases covered, and those who wanted to could just cut off the extra 1.25" of tube for their C11 or D-powered rockets. You might have to raise the price of the BT-MIX-ET to cover the extra $0.20 for the longer 4" tube, though.

Of course I have no idea what the relative numbers are of people who use the 4" tubes versus the 2.75" ones. Do past orders give any indication?

Just my 2 cents' worth, bearing in mind that I intend to never build anything with a motor bigger than 18 mm.

Back