FlisKits: Nantucket Sound

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
FlisKits is proud to announce the newest addition to our growing fleet of model rocket kits, the:

Nantucket Sound

This 24mm odd-rock will be available on our web site Friday and will be formally announced at NARCON this Saturday!

Designed to match the lighthouse rocket shown in the NARCON Logo, the Nantucket Sound is the commemorative kit of this years national convention. The first 50 registrants will receive a free Nantucket Sound and additional kits will be made available at half price for those attendees that did not qualify for a free one! (you will find redemption tickets in your NARCON registration packet)

I have attached a photo of the packaged kit. We just finished getting them kitted up for the show (heck, the bags are still warm :) ).

Keep watch for the formal announcement on our web site shortly!

jim

DSC02447.JPG

Pretty cool. I wonder how long it will take before someone puts a working beacon (LED's) in the top of that thing for night flights. ;)

Me too!:D Hurry up and get here Friday!..LOL..What time Friday will the link go live Jim?...:rolleyes:

Since the body of the lighthouse is a shroud, are you considering making different lighthouses available for download, like you have done with the ACME or Stingray?

If you have already answered this, sorry to repeat.

Since the body of the lighthouse is a shroud, are you considering making different lighthouses available for download, like you have done with the ACME or Stingray?

If you have already answered this, sorry to repeat.

That would be "yes" :)

We will begin with the NARCON 09 wrap. We will be making these available to those who come to the build session on Saturday and will also make this a download skin.

Other skins will follow.

We are also contemplating a "Nantucket Sound Finishing" contest :)

keep watch!
jim

We are also contemplating a "Nantucket Sound Finishing" contest :)

What're you gonna do, toss 'em in a lake and let people toss nets aft...

Oh, wait, fiNIshing, not fishing....

Nevermind, move along, nothing to see here.....

-Kevin

when I get one, I'm gonna paint her like the Cape Canaveral Light house.

The Nantucket Sound is NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE!

Yep! You can buy'em RIGHT NOW!

You'll find them under PRODUCTS / ROCKET KITS by skill level / Skill Level 2

or PRODUCTS / ROCKET KITS by type / SPORT

(hey, i could give you the link, but this gives you a reason to learn how our site works. Well, just in case you don't already know... :D )

Oh heck, You can just click here!

We will begin shipping Nantucket Sound orders AFTER our return from NARCON.

Buy early. Buy often! :)

when I get one, I'm gonna paint her like the Cape Canaveral Light house.

I want to try to model the Marblehead lighthouse one of our Lake Erie landmarks.

Marblehead Lighthouse (small).jpg

OK, it'll fly better if I don't model that guy hanging on the side...:D

Well, no question the Nantucket Sound is a BIG hit at NARCON :) Everyone loves it :)

Pix when we get home on monday. Not many, but a few of our booth and others.

Folks, I never say this. people have different tastes. But here, I am going to.

GET THIS KIT!

It is so cool. Just seeing the model of it is awesome. I can't wait to start building mine.

Bob

I've got to reinforce the interest towards this kit. It's phenominal!

I'm not an odd-roc guy, but this is my second (first was RangerStL's Cornroc) and I love it. Check out Jim's site and you'll see the totally awesome wrap he's put out for this puppy.

This is going to be a first for me.

A kit that will not ever be built. Jim was kind enough to give me Nantucket Sound #4 and it will take a place of memory next to my award plaque for helping run NARCON 2009.

Oh yeah, stay tuned for the 54mm build.

Just ordered my Nantucket Sound.:D

If someone has some 11x17 110# card stock and could print me a single 11x17 shroud of the striped package art, I would greatly appreciate it.:)

I would be more than happy to reimburse you for shipping.

This will be the second oddroc kit I've built in a row.

That's a good point. I wonder if Jim can suggest a place to find 11" x 17" card stock.

Staples should have it. However, take note that I also offer the wraps in two half-wraps that can be printed on 8.5 X 11 card stock. The only problem is that you have 2 seams instead of just the one.

Also, got a nice picture of the Nantucket Sound that Robert Hilton built for me to evaluate the design and documentation (I was NOT expecting him to then give the darned thing to me :) Thank you!)

As soon as I get a chance I will take some other nice pix of this and get them up on the web in the kit description.

Attachments

• DSC02456.JPG
    DSC02456.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC02455crop.jpg
    DSC02455crop.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 18
Staples should have it. However, take note that I also offer the wraps in two half-wraps that can be printed on 8.5 X 11 card stock. The only problem is that you have 2 seams instead of just the one.
Thanks, Jim. And that's why I'd rather use the full-size sheet of cardstock. Not only will there just be the one seam, it should be easier to get the wrap aligned, too.

Btw, Jim, which lighthouse is the Nantucket Sound based on? I've looked but haven't been able to find a picture.

Not a real lighthouse, rather fictitious. it is the lighthouse from the NARCON logo: https://www.catorockets.org/NARCON2009/images/logo.jpg

Many folks thought the logo was designed from the commemorative kit. Quite the opposite :) In fact, it was the quickest to market from conception to release...

Jim,

That is one of the coolest things I have seen in a long while!
You'll definitely soon be seeing an order!
(vacation first though! :D )

If I may, one request:

Can you post the shroud / cone dims? upper & lower dia & length?

I plan to make my own wrap / shroud, but in Coreldraw..
(and yes, will gladly offer it / them to you!)

Paul,

You can download the blank pdf from the details page and bring that into Corel.

Let me know if that works. If not I am sure we can help you out :)

jim

JRThro said:
Yikes, now I'm going to have to buy one!

jflis said:
Yep! You can buy'em RIGHT NOW!

And I did! Yesterday!

Along with an ACME Spitfire and a Triskelion!

Those are, btw, the first, second, and third kits I've ever purchased from Fliskits. (Sorry it took so long, Jim!) :eek:

Also, got a nice picture of the Nantucket Sound that Robert Hilton built for me to evaluate the design and documentation (I was NOT expecting him to then give the darned thing to me :) Thank you!)

As soon as I get a chance I will take some other nice pix of this and get them up on the web in the kit description.

I wound up using the Fed-Ex/Kinko's online print job service to shoot the PDF to my local Kinko's. 20 minutes later, they had two beautiful copies printed out for me on 11x17 cardstock, though the heaviest they carried was about 90#, so it's a but flimsy. Really nice quality print, though, and the pair of shrouds cost me about $5. I could probably have spent an hour trying to find blank cardstock to run on my so-so color laser, but I'd have probably dropped more than $5 and then been stuck with a bunch of leftover odd stock I'd never use.

Jim--here's a tip--see about making a decent batch of these and offering it as an optional adder to the kit, maybe in the $2 range.

--Chan Stevens

Back