Fliskits...I'm hooked

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I didn't want to pull up this older thread, but the pic is sort of an update...

You see I got this cheap little Digi cam on a keychain, that allows me to take pics, and post them in minutes, so I thought I would try it out. here is a pic of my daughter holding her "Barbie Rocket" (Deuces Wild) It is not painted yet, but I hope to remedy that problem today as it will be a sweltering/balmy 65 degrees in Upper Alabama...:D

Originally posted by Johnnierkt
.....here is a pic of my daughter holding her "Barbie Rocket" (Deuces Wild) .........:D

All take notice of the grip on the upper hand. That is the "gorilla" grip that says, "You're going to have to hurt me in order to get this thing outta my hands mister!" LOL! Very cute! She's gonna love the way it flies.

You know Johnnierkt...That looks really good in Pink...I bet your daughter "LOVES" it...!!! I on the other hand would need at least a
BLACK,or RED or even BLUE (or something) fin or two...
I guess it's just a guy thing...!!! LOL

i don't beleive i have ever seen a pink Deuce...

i've seen a white Rhino, but never a pink Deuce... :D

I love it!

reminds me of the joke (somewhat off color, i guess... :) ) of the dad who asks his young daughter what she wants to be when she grows up.

She responds "I want to be Barbie"

"Barbie?" dad asks, "Why Barbie?"

"because that b!+ch has *everything*"... :p

and *now* she has a rocket! LOL

Thanks all for the kind words...and Jim, have you been to "We Be Toys" lately? That Barbie Chick DOES have everything :)

But only MY little Barbie has a Pink Deuce :cool:

The wife says she'll start on her TRES as soon as she figures out what the heck a Body Tube is :confused: :rolleyes:

...maybe the TRES was a little advanced for a person who has never worked with model rockets :rolleyes: oops

she swears she will figure it out without my help...and then stomp me in one of those TRES drag races...

:cool: I say "Bring it on... :cool:

I live in Melbourne, Australia and have only just recently got in to model rockets. i have a rocket fleet of 8. i have recently been looking in to rockets over the net and have cone across the Fliskits website. i now visit the website evereyday( i just can't get enough of it!!). i was wondering if anyone knew whether Fliskits are able to send rockets over to Australia as rockets are limited here.

Also is it possible to ship over higher powered engines or is it illegal or something(higher powered engines are'nt available in Australia). :rolleyes:

Hey Jim....I launched my Tumbleweed over 3 times and got it back each time. On the otherhand, I launched and lost 2 Alphas in a row....Go figure.

Originally posted by carldoc
Hey Jim....I launched my Tumbleweed over 3 times and got it back each time. On the otherhand, I launched and lost 2 Alphas in a row....Go figure.

LOL

Well, i was digging through some of my older rockets and found my mosquito that I've flown MANY times, so ... yer right, "go figure"

jim

Originally posted by Blackbird
I live in Melbourne, Australia and have only just recently got in to model rockets. i have a rocket fleet of 8. i have recently been looking in to rockets over the net and have cone across the Fliskits website. i now visit the website evereyday( i just can't get enough of it!!). i was wondering if anyone knew whether Fliskits are able to send rockets over to Australia as rockets are limited here.

Blackbird,

Greetings! Welcome to TRF, welcome to rocketry and most CERTAINLY, welcome to FlisKits!

FlisKits can most certainly ship product to Australia. In order to purchase our kits please review the ordering information for international orders on: https://fliskits.com/ordering/01ordering_fs.htm

The best way to do it is to select the models and parts you wish to purchase, send an email to [email protected] with your list and contact information (address). We will quickly provide you with a quote for your order plus shipping to your address. Then you can either pay via paypal to [email protected] or send us a check.

super easy and we typically ship next day.

hope this helps!
jim

Blackbird: I buy from Fliskits directly from the UK, and have no problems. The kits are well packaged, so they don't suffer at the hands of over enthusiastic baggage handlers. PayPal makes the process of currency exchanging easy too.

So what you waiting for? Get ordering!! ;)

oh ... and welcome to the forum

So my wife came home and found me building rockets again...:rolleyes: What else??

She decided to start her own TRES that I got her for Christmas. She has the main motor mount done, and she has cut the fins for the booster. She makes me so proud.

What I can't figure out, is why she wants to the follow the instructions to the letter :rolleyes: I thought I taught her better than that :D

Here are some really bad digitals of her progress...

...my wife had these fins cut before I woke up this AM. Her excitement is very nice, as you will all remember your excitement when building your 1st kit.

very cool. hey, i'm impressed that her *first* kit is a 3 motor cluster, canted rocket... Bet *that* hasn't happened very many times in the 40+ year history of model rocketry... heck, she's probably the *first* of her kind!

kewl :D

WOW, type in the word Tres in the Rocketry Forum search engine, and you get 10 pages of posts on a rocket that is not even a year old yet. I like to never have found this post, and I did not want to start another thread...

minor update;

My wife's Tres is finished, and here are some pics of her very first and hopefully not last rocket. No this is not an upscale, that is my daughter hoding the Tres, and not my wife. :D

...a little closer this time.

"Gotta learn to smile sweety!"

"...oh Daddy, just take the picture"

Butterfly envy :rolleyes: fluttering just enough out of view to distract her attention.

Looks great!! So does the rocket :p The colors really look good the way she put them on.

Will we get to see it fly tomorrow?

Great paint scheme! Can't wait for the launch photo! *but*, tell your wife that we need a picture of *her* with the rocket... after all, *she* built the darned thing! Great job too, for that matter.

jim

PS you think a specific *tres* thread is hard to find... put "Deuce" in a search engine...

If you search titles only, you get 47 hits (at least that is manageable which is why it took forever for me to find this thread the first time around :) )

If you search the entire posts with Deuce... ...16 pages, 379 threads...

(said in my "proud-papa" voice) :D

jim

Thanks Jim, but the wife is camera shy. She is proud of her rocket, and except for mixing epoxy, she built it all by herself. I could give her helpful hints, but there was no "kibitzing" allowed.

Great kit Jim, I may have to order another so I can play too.

Here ya go Jim, I got a pic before she went to the pad...

She put in a maiden flight on B6-4's

Back