Fliskits - Frick n Frack Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadrog

Reaction score
Though I'm not a huge saucer-teer, I do enjoy the few that I have. This is the Fliskits Frick-n-frack, dedicated to the Green Bay Packers / Chicago Bears rivalry. This will fly at some point this coming Sunday, as the Packers once again rise up over the Bears.:cheers:

Attachments

• frick.JPG
    frick.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 46
  • frack.JPG
    frack.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:
Fun flyer!

FlisKitsFricknFrack.jpg

I like'em! :)

The FnF has been SO much fun since we released her. At CMASS we often (nearly every launch?) do drag races with anywhere from 3 to 7 model (still trying to hit the magic 11 (total pads we set up))

Here's one of my early ones decorated up with the NSL skins

The other pix shows the packaging. As you can see, it's a couple of motor tubes then a boat load of laser cut lumber :) This is one of those rare kits where the fins out weigh the rest of the model LOL

P1010327.jpg

packaging.jpg

This WAS and will soon once again be a Frick-n-Frack. The first stage motor let go, but managed to light the upper. Interestingly enough, the flight profile wasn't much different than normal.

Attachments

• Frick-n-Frack.jpg
    Frick-n-Frack.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 40
This WAS and will soon once again be a Frick-n-Frack. The first stage motor let go, but managed to light the upper. Interestingly enough, the flight profile wasn't much different than normal.

And even with the burnout, your flight was great! Better than mine, unless horizontal counts.

Here's my first FNF. I just wanted to be a little bit different with the paint scheme. It is called Miss USA. Picture by FNF creator Jim Flis at his Fliskits table at an CMASS launch.

First flight was interesting since Frick stayed on the pad while Frack did a nice two stage flight. Second worked as advertised when one tapes the motors in properly. :)

missusafnf.jpg

Ouch!

and...

Very cool!

:D

Do you still have the alignment sheet? If not, let me know if you think you'll need it and I can email it to you.

jim

Do you still have the alignment sheet? If not, let me know if you think you'll need it and I can email it to you.

jim

Actually, that has been the holdup. I'm pretty sure I have it (somewhere), but haven't run across it in the clutter that is currently my workshop. Other than that, I have the parts and am ready to go. Another copy of the alignment sheet would be great. Thanks, Jim. I'll PM you my email address. Sather

Actually, that has been the holdup. I'm pretty sure I have it (somewhere), but haven't run across it in the clutter that is currently my workshop. Other than that, I have the parts and am ready to go. Another copy of the alignment sheet would be great. Thanks, Jim. I'll PM you my email address. Sather

Yer all set. check your mailbox :)

Excellent! I love the ingenuity and imagination folks bring to bear on finishing such kits as the Frick-n-Frack :) Very creative and certainly eye catching!

My Frick'n'Frack, vaguely inspired by Mercury Redstone livery:
dsc00379.jpg

dsc00385.jpg

Thanks to Mr. Flis for the pictures!

I might have to build mine. I love the way that kit flys. I have seen quite a few launches. Has anyone ever up scaled it?

Back