FlisKits *finally* makes that Long OverDue announcement!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
a'yup, this is it folks... :D :D

A TRF Pre-Announcement of a new kit from FlisKits!

The much talked about *secret* kit that was going to be announced with the Tres...

longoverdue_logocolorsm.gif

Ever since we opened our doors folks have been talking about our OverDue promotion and the OverDue kits (see: https://fliskits.com/services/overdue_promotion_details.htm )

People like this design, they like the shape and style of the rocket and the unique cut of the tube fins. They liked it so much that some begged to have their order deliberately delayed in the hopes of winning one. Some have asked for detailed design specs so that they could clone it. Some have considered cloning it just from the photographs from those select few who *have* received one and actually built it!

Well, FlisKits is here to serve the rocketry community and our customers. We did not, do not and Will Not ever offer the "OverDue" for retail sale. That would defeat the purpose of our promotion as well as cheat those select customers who have earned the right to own an authentic OverDue. But we had to do something.

So we created a stretch limo version. We shortened one tube (so that you can't clone an OverDue from this kit) and lengthened another. Since this version is SO much longer than the original, not to mention that this design is Long Over Due for release, naming this bird was a simple matter.

As with the Tres, this kit is slated to be formally announced on site this weekend as a pre-announcement.

IMPORTANT: Shortly after the FlisKits site announcement, we WILL be able to take pre-orders for the Long OverDue with the following restrictions:

1) The ship date is not firm and is subject to change.
2) The "OverDue" promotion will not apply to pre-orders (we're learning :) )

We understand the desire to be able to pre-order our kits but also have to recognize that we do not have control over the shippers that our vendors may use. These production and ship dates are based on scheduled ship dates of the materials needed to produce this kit. For this reason, we are letting you know up front that delays in shipping your order are distinctly possible and that the buyer accepts this risk.

Also, depending on order volume, *your* order may not ship on the 5th, even if the product ships on the 5th. All orders will be shipped in the order that they are received.

Attached is a photo of me holding the proto-type:

And here is a rather out of focus closeup of the fin and launch lug detail.

it is a pretty rocket and produces great flights. Also, those tube fins are seriously looking for some kewl additional detail. I'm going to have to comtemplate how I want to modify my own even :)

jim

Good one, Jim. As usual, a masterful move of deception and deviousness.

You are one shrewd cookie !!!!

I'll take three - Oh, wait ...... wrong thread for that multiple....:p

Jim,
Bravo man,Bravo!!!!:D I like what you come up with. Hey guys this is about as close as your going to get to the real thing.
Larry

Finally I can talk about this one!:D In August, Jim came up to his brother's house in Schenectady, NY. So me and my Dad have dinner with Jim and Kathy. After a while, the topic gets to the Overdue. He tells me about an idea he had for a retail version of the Overdue. I had to swear on a stack of Bibles not to tell anyone.

Then, at the CTRA launch, he teases me with the cover artwork. When he showed me that, I jumped up and said "I knew it!" He had been talking about a "secret" kit for a while and I kinda figured it was this one.

So my point is, I knew about this before you guys. Nyah, Nyah!
:D :kill:

Originally posted by jflis
those tube fins are seriously looking for some kewl additional detail. I'm going to have to comtemplate how I want to modify my own even

I see another set of blank wrap patterns posted on the FlisKits website. I see another contest for the best submitted fin/rocket decorations.

Nick, I *thought* you'd get a kick out of that :D See that guys? If FlisKits comes out to one of your launches, stop on out. You never know what you may find out about :)

Powderburner, yer right and I hadn't thought of that. LOD Skins and/or a contest...

I am seriously contemplating creating a "Product Skins" area...

jim

Jim,
It looks great and now I'll have the BIG Brother to go with my Overdue!!!!!!!!:D

Are you holding this one with my other pending orders??:p
When should I send the blank check?

You are a shrewd bussiness man Jim ;) This is a great looking rocket to boot :)

I'm with Airforce too. Should I just send my credit card to you? You can just charge it for 2 of everything :D

Regards,
Todd

Jim,

Send me the kit and I wil create an accurate RockSim file for it! I just love those tube finned designs.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

That is very nice Jim.... now I do not EVER have to open my regular old 'Overdue'!!

I canot wait for the release!!

I never realized the details of the inner tube fins. This is indeed another cool design.:)

Well, the Long OverDue had it debut launching at the last CMASS launch of the year. Needless to say, she attracted a lot of attention :D

Here she is launching and landing on a B6-4

Well, after a long wait, the Long OverDue is back in stock and shipping again! This has become one *popular* kit, and I am thrilled that we have it in stock again.

Order one. Order several. They're great :D

jim

Has anyone else clustered their's yet?
It really flies well on 4 C6-7's (with about 6g nose weight).

Back