Fliskits Drake: an observation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billeblurzz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Rocket as Art Object: I must admit when I first saw the picture of a Drake in Fliskits website, I was a little turned off. But I saw another on the Rocket Review website and began to think about it. Of course I wanted a Deuces Wild(who doesn't?) so I ordered a Drake too because I wanted another 24mm rocket. Now I don't think there is a more elegant design out than this!!!:)

Looks as good on the pad as on display! If ever there was "classic designs", I believe those in Jim's catalog are it. There is just something about them!!! NOW JIM, GIVE ME A NIKE-HERCULES!!!!! (I'll even settle for a STINGRAY for now!);) ;)

Well, it's official...

...I just *love* this guy :D :D :D :D

How about an EMRR review?? (hey, i'll stack whatever deck I *can* :D )

:)

Great looking bird, by the way. I LOVE some of the paint jobs I see on our products. A whole lot of imagination out there.

AND... I have to find the time to get these up on site because it is pictures like yours (and others) and paint jobs like this that will help make all of our products even *more* popular than they already are!

Thank you! you made my day!

jim

Originally posted by billEblurzz
I saw another on the Rocket Review website and began to think about it. .... Now I don't think there is a more elegant design out than this!!!:)
Thats my Drake on EMRR :D

I liked the design the first time I saw it on the cover of the Fliskits catalogue, and ordered one as soon as it came out (I got #7 :p ).

It is one of my fave rockets - certainly the most interesting looking of my fleet. Flies like a dream on a D too! :D

Nice to meet you Cyder! I give you credit for the paint scheme! I liked it so much, I not only bought a kit but copied it also! I hope to fly it soon. ;)

Thanks for the credit Mr Blurzz - I did wonder if you're paint scheme was inspired by mine. ;)

Dunno if you've found it already, but there was a thread on my Drake way back here.

Not flown it yet? You are in for a TREAT! :D One word of warning: She goes alot higher than you'd expect (especialy on a D); so launch in a larger field, or modify the recovery system. I personally go for the bigger fields, 'cos I don't want the fins damaged by a fast descent! :eek:

I'm glad my review has helped sell a Drake - its a very cool rocket, which seems to get a bit overlooked.

The weather looks good for Friday (over here), so I'm expecting to chuck my Drake up into the blue for the first time this year then.

The same is to be said of most FlisKits rockets. Shoot, you should see how MANY modifications in color, design, and appearance the Deuce has undergone! I personally still think there should be an online virtual "Deuce's Wild!" shrine. This rocket is like a VW with its own cult following! All we need now is for someone like Forrest Gump to run with a Deuce all over the nation. Then many Deuce owners would follow suit and run behind him! :D Well, I guess that's why there's the Tour de Deuce project. ;) Hmm...maybe I should start growing some hippie hair for the final launch. :p

Originally posted by eugenefl
All we need now is for someone like Forrest Gump to run with a Deuce all over the nation. Then many Deuce owners would follow suit and run behind him! :D Well, I guess that's why there's the Tour de Deuce project. ;) Hmm...maybe I should start growing some hippie hair for the final launch. :p

"Ah just felt like launchin' a rocket. So I did. An' when I got to an ocean, I just turned around an' started launchin' that rocket th' other way."

"Life is like a box o' rocket motors...you just don't know what you are gonna get."

Back