FlisKits: Deuce Bash!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim,

Thanks for the update, and I wish you the best with this new offering. 8)

Originally posted by Silverleaf
Jim,

Thanks for the update, and I wish you the best with this new offering. 8)

Thank you. This was a tough decision (nearly as tough as picking a DOM winner :) )

I hope it works out well for everybody. Now you folks have no excuse not to enter the Deuce-Bash contest! :)

I'll take the old-fashioned way into the contest and have bought another kit! :D Though I may need another for static display purposes, you know, in case it looks great after the build, but ends up becoming a land shark! :D

Hmmmm. I think I just stumbled onto a name for my bash! :cool:

could someone please tell me how long the motor mount tubes are on a deuce?
TIA!

its been a long day..and I can't resist..

"about this long" ..holds up fingers..RUNS

*Whispers*..IF i knew Adam, I woulda told ya..

8)

Originally posted by Adam Selene
could someone please tell me how long the motor mount tubes are on a deuce?
TIA!

The motor tubes are standard 2.75" tubes (part # BT-20-0275)

If you desire it, the engine mount kit is now available for sale: Click Here

hope this helps!
jim

i was at the website today, i sure hope there are more than 2 entries!
i'm almost done with mine, just have to determine the final body tube length, cut it to size and then glue it all together. then find a field somewhere in the Deerfield Beach/Ft. Lauderdale FLA area and fly it! (anybody got a field handy?) the hard part will be getting the documentation done in time. ;)

I'm working on one as well.
But I'm worried about finishing it and flying it before the deadline.
It seems like February was monsoon season here in the south. Hopefully March will give us better weather, but at least it's not snowing. :)

Tim

I have two more entries that I need to get posted. I just got the DOM updated and hope to get the Deuce Bash updated this weekend.

I have heard a few people concerned about the weather and such and am considering extending the deadline until the end of April.

thoughts? comments?

jim

It sure would help!! There is no way I will be able to paint my design in time due to the cold temps. The 15" of snow do not help either!!

Phred

oh, what the heck! :) I will make a point of extending the deadline (not sure by how much, but at *least* a month.)

I had not considered the temps with regard to painting when I put this together...

keep watch!

Jim,

Thanks...that does take some pressure off of me!:)

Yeah, that's a big help.
Hopefully that'll also mean more entries. :)

Tim

I could sure use a one-month extension.

I ordered my Deuce kits last month along with a "Rocket formerly known as FarScape" and still haven't received them yet. (Jim sent me a note explaining about the delay, so I'm not complaining about that. It's just kind of hard to build anything when the parts are 1000 miles away.)

i'm sorry, but there will be yet *additional* delay.... I am heading out to NARCON in about an hour so web updates will have to wait and the shipping of the Farscape kits (now back in stock for the last shipment) will have to wait as well...

sorry folks...

jim

Jim,

Thanks!

I'll need the extra time (and warmer weather) to get it finished and painted.

So when is the official deadline now? Still the 28th, or was April decided on?

I am back from NARCON and hope to have this part of our site updated by this weekend. I will post information here later tonight.

jim

...tap...tap...tap...later tonight, eh? I guess you are behind on orders, eh? :)

Did I see a report on the Decaffinator build-off? Did they fly?

whoops! (man, I forgot *all* about posting more info...) sorry... :eek:

Behind on orders (well not so much as my daughter was handeling that), behind on email, TRF and a half dozen other forums/news groups, the list goes on :)

What I was going to post last night is the new end date for the Deuce Bash. I was thinking of extending it another quarter, but decided against it. So, we will be extending it *two* months to midnight (EST) on 31-May-2005.

This will be officially posted when I get the site updated during the course of this week, so keep watch!

================
As for the Decaffeinator build, we did two. The first was un-related to the NARCON event. We had a room filled with about 50 kids and 10-15 adults (some helping, some building). Many (most) of the kids built a beautiful kit from Squirrel Works (thanx Don). We also had 20 kids building the paper rocket from FlisKits (CAUTION! rocket) and we had 5 adults (teachers/parents) building the Decaffeinator.

The next day (Saturday) we had a NARCON build session where we built about 18 more Decaffeinators.

Unfortunately the winds did not cooperate and we were unable to get any of them launched.

I will provide more details in my NARCON trip report a bit later.

jim

Playing "catch-up" (so, what's new??? :p)

Since our last update we have received 3 new entries. These entries have now been posted and you can see them by clicking here.

Also, we have officially extended the deadline to midnight (EST) 31-May-2005 as explained in the rules.

Now, let's see some more entries!

Good luck everyone!
jim

It's about time! You'd think filling orders is more important than my entertainment, eh :D.

I'm taking a look now :)

OMG! What about that Whirlygig? May have to build one of them! Or something similar. Have all these Fatboy fins from kit bashing....

Originally posted by rstaff3
OMG! What about that Whirlygig? May have to build one of them! Or something similar. Have all these Fatboy fins from kit bashing....

Whoa...now that is kitbashing at its best!!! Way cool! LOL...it looks like it was inspired by the graphic Jim did for the contest! :D

Back