Fliskits coming back soon under license?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me try to answer the questions in order
1. Yes, we will be using fliskits.com
2. Yes, the Saturn 1b is being fast tracked. We are waiting for nosecones.
3. Why would we put my ugly puss on social media?

Give them a chance to breathe guys. Its better that they go slow and get things right. This may seem like all they need to do is stuff parts in a bag and ship it, but I've seen what they do at eRockets and it takes time and money to do it right.

So for all you Fliskit fans, here is the latest.
The website needs serious work. We have received a lot of feedback in the forums and have hired a third party to completely rebuild it.
In the meantime, we do have some kits in stock. Below is the list. If you are interested in a kit, please PM me and I will get it shipped. There will be more kits coming online soon, we are waiting for a few minor parts to finish kitting.

Name
Juliet
Pheord x150
Frick n Frack
Whatchamacallit
DooDad
Tog
Big Honkin rocket
Interglalactic Man of Space
Teeny Triskellion
Bull's Eye
Drake
ACME Spitfire
Thing-a-ma-jig
Paylord
Spad
Triskellion
Rhino

1. You really don't want Eric to post his picture - it would break the internet.
  2. These are two great guys who are firm believers in all sorts of rocketry. Had Jim not founded Fliskits, Ray most likely would have.
  3. For any new designs by Ray, learn to speak Latin

Keep one thing in mind. Both of these wonderful guys (people I am proud to count among my friends) have demanding full time jobs. Perhaps someday one or both will retire into a life of leisure to be at the communitie's beck and call, just understand that they (like most other vendors in our hobby) may need to adjust focus from time to time.

Good news to hear FlisKits will continue in some capacity. I think many kits were pretty popular.

Take your time getting website bugs ironed out, I'd bet 2/3 of vendor headaches have something to do with website foulups (either by the vendors or customers).

Eric & Ray:

Thank you!

I missed (by a couple of months) Jim's announcement and didn't get all the kits that I wanted, mostly to rebuild lost ones.

I'll add my vote for the Edmonds' kits.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon

Ray and Eric,
You guys rock! Thanks so much for preserving a cornerstone of our hobby. I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the "New" Flis Kits and can't wait to see what the future brings.

Well now the proverbial cat is out of the bag...... Stay tuned for future developments. Please be patient during the transition period. Jim left us some pretty big shoes to fill and we want to ensure that we live up to expectations. Your constructive input is greatly appreciated. As we ramp up kit production we will keep you updated on the social forums
What will or is your companies name and web site so I can order all of the cool Flis kits

I had the pleasure of flying with Ray, one of the new owners of Fliskits, yesterday. I got to see a preview of a few new kits. There's some really nice stuff in the works.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. It has been a struggle trying to get all the kits back online and get the website updated. It is a work in progress, but we are getting there.

We are continuously bringing kits back as materials allow. Please continue to visit our website at www.fliskits.com for new kit releases. If you want something, but dont see it, contact us through the website. We do have limited pieces and parts for other kits

Hi everyone! The reincarnated FlisKits has recently reintroduced both the US Tog and Cheetah. These kits join the first 20 we have brought back earlier in the year and more are on their way in the next few days as various parts and pieces arrive. Ray and I are determined not to go to the dark side with cheap plastic nosecones and other parts. It has been a challenge to source quality parts, but we are finally over the hump.

Stay tuned for a Black Friday promo.

www.fliskits.com

Thanks guys, for mentioning this. I had only seen what Fliskits had on E-rockets, and after looking at Fliskit's website, I may pick up one of the Makos...

The reincarnated FlisKits has recently reintroduced both the US Tog and Cheetah. These kits join the first 20 we have brought back
I recently started in on my Spitfire build. It would help a lot if you guys could get some real photos up on the web site. I'd like to see what I'm getting.

I recently started in on my Spitfire build. It would help a lot if you guys could get some real photos up on the web site. I'd like to see what I'm getting.
Do a search on TRF for Fliskits ACME Spitfire, there are many build threads on it.

Do a search on TRF for Fliskits ACME Spitfire, there are many build threads on it.
actually.. i know what the spitfire looks like. My response did not format well. There should have been a paragraph there. I was speaking of their other kits. they only have one small card graphic for most of them.

Bringing our total offerings to 24, FlisKits is proud to announce that we have D-Nelson Tomahawks in stock!

Please browse our website www.fliskits.com to see what is available for shipping today!

Stay tuned, more to come in the next week...

How about dropping the dumbest sales pitch ever invented by Humankind:" Aim For The Sky And Try Not To Miss". D-u-m-b stupid.

How about dropping the dumbest sales pitch ever invented by Humankind:" Aim For The Sky And Try Not To Miss". D-u-m-b stupid.
Not sure how " Aim For The Sky And Try Not To Miss" is dumb or stupid, humourous is what I find it, kind of a bit tongue in cheek like some of the names of their kits. I personally think its a good tagline for them, as there have been quite a few rocketeers over the years who definitely failed to " reach the sky" and some didn't even get off the ground.

I agree. It's not really nice to be ranked with harsh words for no reason by someone. Why say something if it's not positive,or matters, or nice to say if it does not concern them. Their tagline fits their lineup and it does go right along with the designs and kits they produce. "The Drake"looks like a duck, "Frick -n- Frack, "Bulls Eye","Thing-a-ma-jig","UFFO", "Decafinator" a stack of styro coffee cups. C'mon. It's all good and doesn't need a heckler to think he can do better.(not that anyone is trying to do better) The new owners probably thought it would be disrespectful to the original owner to say " your tagline sucks" I like it and I think it's fine. I wish only for the best to all at FlisKits. Wasn't trying to stretch anything but CATO was just one thing I can think of to "miss the sky"

Momma always told me—— if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.... nelie61, couldn’t agree with you more!

Give them a break. They inherited the tag line and it's brand recognition. Everyone who's been in rocketry for some time knows it. Why would you change it? That would be bad business.

I'm sorry, WiskeyTangoFoxtrot, but you're not our social judge.
In fact, we know what your screen name means, so use it and GET OVER IT

JMHO as a long time rocketeer and old guy. Ignore it if you want.

So, um.... hey, I LOVE the FlisKits tag line (always have, of course I’m a bit biased...)

This reminds me of a thread on the old TRF where someone bashed us during our second year of operation (and they weren’t even a customer). My wife asked me “what are you going to do about it?” And I said “nothing. They’re pissing in our fan club. Now watch.”

And sure enough, TRF came through and that poster didn’t stand a chance. Nice to see the appreciation continue.

If you don’t like the tag line. Fine. I built a business and a reputation for creativity with that tag line and am proud of my contributions to the rocketry community :)

Back