Fliskits coming back soon under license?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was browsing the erockets website tonight and found four Fliskit kits listed on the bottom of the home page as new products. Looks like erockets might be producing some of them under license, similar to the Dr. Zooch Falcon Heavy and Saturn V kits. The Acme Spitfire is incorrectly listed as the Paylord. All showing out of stock, presumably until they are released.

Thank you erockets!

I don't see them on the New page. I'll ask Randy tonight at the club meeting what is happening with Flis kits. Last week he said he was expecting the final shipment of Flis kits from Jim at the end of last week. Randy sells components to Jim and then when the kits were complete they were to be sent back to eRockets. Randy had sent the final shipment of components a while ago and was expecting the final shipment of kits to arrive last Friday. I didn't post anything about it last week as I wasn't sure what was arriving, when it would get unboxed and added to inventory. I'll try to get updates on stuff tonight.

I don't see them on the New page. I'll ask Randy tonight at the club meeting what is happening with Flis kits. Last week he said he was expecting the final shipment of Flis kits from Jim at the end of last week. Randy sells components to Jim and then when the kits were complete they were to be sent back to eRockets. Randy had sent the final shipment of components a while ago and was expecting the final shipment of kits to arrive last Friday. I didn't post anything about it last week as I wasn't sure what was arriving, when it would get unboxed and added to inventory. I'll try to get updates on stuff tonight.
It's at the bottom of the home page, listed as "new products". I know Jim Flis mentioned on his website that "someone" might be continuing some of his designs, so I thought that Randy might be that someone.

eRockets is getting the last of the inventory that Jim had. Randy had put what he was expecting back up on the website as out of stock until it has arrived. Once it comes in and is put in stock, that will be it unless someone steps up and buys the company or rights to Fliskits. Randy has already said that at this time he will not be able to take Fliskits on. If you are looking for any of Jim's kits, keep an eye out on the eRockets website for when the stock arrives and goes into inventory. It's first come, first served.

Hey guys... As soon as that order arrives we will update the quantity so it can be sold on the web page. Here is the UPS tracking number for your entertainment: 1ZE9195V0395098201 give us 5 minutes after it arrives to flip the switch.
There were a few items that were no longer set up in our system, so that is why the new items on the site.

From Facebook:

FlisKits Inc.
48 mins ·
Well, papers have been signed, so I can proudly announce that FlisKits has a new home!

The materials, inventory, trademarks and all kit documentation/designs are being acquired by Ray DiPoala and Eric Henderson!

I am thrilled to know our product line will continue and will do my best in the coming months and years to help Ray and Eric get the most out of their investment!

Keep watch for an announcement for Ray and Eric in the coming weeks!

Thank you all, again, for your support and good wishes over the years. Time to get excited again!

Thanks Ray and Eric. And thanks to Jim for allowing this to happen.
This will make lots of people happy and I predict many ring-tail designs coming down the road.

Great news! I love Fliskits. Does Ray and Eric have a rocket line/shop already or is this a new venture for them? Looking forward to seeing some kits back in stock!

Awesome. Any chance they can pull of reintroducing Edmonds stuff? I am kicking myself for not copying the fin layouts and instructions on many of his designs. Those we elegant, simple, easy, and reliable builds!

The Kits have arrived at eRockets and are in the inventory and on the website as in stock. Have at it Everyone!

Well now the proverbial cat is out of the bag...... Stay tuned for future developments. Please be patient during the transition period. Jim left us some pretty big shoes to fill and we want to ensure that we live up to expectations. Your constructive input is greatly appreciated. As we ramp up kit production we will keep you updated on the social forums

Eric, Good Luck to both you and Ray on this new venture. Take all the time you need to get things right. I'm sure everyone will understand and will be anxiously awaiting your startup.

Well now the proverbial cat is out of the bag...... Stay tuned for future developments. Please be patient during the transition period. Jim left us some pretty big shoes to fill and we want to ensure that we live up to expectations. Your constructive input is greatly appreciated. As we ramp up kit production we will keep you updated on the social forums
Good luck on this venture, the model rocketry world thanks you for taking this on.

If/when you're able, it would certainly be interesting to hear your high-level plans. Are you going to try to keep the entire product line going? That seems daunting. Or just a subset of most-popular models? Etc.

Awesome. Any chance they can pull of reintroducing Edmonds stuff? I am kicking myself for not copying the fin layouts and instructions on many of his designs. Those we elegant, simple, easy, and reliable builds!

I second that about the Edmonds models. They were quite original and unique as well and I for one would love to get my hands on those gliders.

Also on the short list for all the obvious reasons.

Please keep constructive input coming. We are listening.

For kits which are not granted a full re-release, will we be able to download resources like instructions, fin templates, source files for laser cut sheets, etc. if we wish to piece one together on our own?

For kits which are not granted a full re-release, will we be able to download resources like instructions, fin templates, source files for laser cut sheets, etc. if we wish to piece one together on our own?

Like the notable by their abscence Deuce and Tres? That would be cool. Heck, I'd be willing to pay for the downloads since they're relatively unique.

Heck, I'd be willing to pay for the downloads since they're relatively unique.

Seconded, even for some of the more obscure/less popular kits. Been getting back into rocketry after 7-ish years away and had a TON of fliskits on my "to build" list when I left, was saddened to see that purchasing them was no longer an option.

We are getting very close to announcing that we are back up and running. We are kitting up some kits now and preparing to be able to do one offs of the more obscure kits. We are just waiting for a few missing parts, but anticipate going "live" in the next week or so,

We are getting very close to announcing that we are back up and running. We are kitting up some kits now and preparing to be able to do one offs of the more obscure kits. We are just waiting for a few missing parts, but anticipate going "live" in the next week or so,
Under what domain name? Fliskits.com?

any chance the Saturn 1b would be re-released? such an AWESOME kit!

img_3881-jpg.307975

I see their Facebook page was updated a couple of days ago. Eric, is that you or Ray in the profile picture?

That’s Ray—no surprise that he’s flying something with a ring fin.

Back