Fliskit's clusters...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Prowler901

Reaction score
got me to thinking... which is always dangerous ;)

Here's a design I'm thinking about building using the 5 motor cluster. With an E9 and four A3's she screams up to about 800' in the simulations. Now, I just need a cool name :)

Regards,
Todd

eugenefl

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, if FlisKits got you thinking of it, you should honor FlisKits by submitting it in the DOM! ;)

jflis

Reaction score
man, i was thinking the SAME thing! :)

pretty cool looking design too!

Prowler901

Reaction score
Yup, that is my plan. Got to build it and test it first though :D Time to order some pieces and parts. ;)

Regards,
Todd

Rocketjunkie

Addicted to APCP
Reaction score
It's been done!
Eric Benner flew his Long Overdue on 4 C6-7's. The extra 3 go in the inner tube fins. He did add 4 1/4-20 nuts for nose weight.

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
It's been done!
Eric Benner flew his Long Overdue on 4 C6-7's
Tom, thanks for telling everyone here, I forgot to add it to my post about this weekend launch.........

jflis

Reaction score
Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
It's been done!
Eric Benner flew his Long Overdue on 4 C6-7's. The extra 3 go in the inner tube fins. He did add 4 1/4-20 nuts for nose weight.
I would love to have Eric send me the loaded or empty CG with the nose weight. WOuld make a great update to the Long OverDue section on our site!

jim

jetra2

Reaction score
I myself thought, after seeing that video, was a C6-7 and three A8's. Would the A's need to be plugged to prevent burning the outside of the main BT? I would think so...

Then again, my Long Overdue is #34...I don't know if I wanna build it... :rolleyes:

Jason

jflis

Reaction score
I doubt that you would *burn* the main body tube, but you *would* scortch it a bit. Would add character :)

eugenefl

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Originally posted by jflis
I doubt that you would *burn* the main body tube, but you *would* scortch it a bit. Would add character :)
Character on some rockets is fun. The *only* problem you run into with the ejection charge spilling out onto the body tube is that sometimes when a part of these tubes is scorched is that they tend to blister and peel some.

Now, <a href="https://www.rocketryforum.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=56869">THIS</a> is a rocket I am looking forward to seeing with "character" marks! :D

Rocketjunkie

Addicted to APCP
Reaction score
Originally posted by jflis
I would love to have Eric send me the loaded or empty CG with the nose weight. WOuld make a great update to the Long OverDue section on our site!

jim
The liftoff CG was about 20 mm in front of the beginning of the fins. We estimated a CP at the very front of the fins.

jflis

Reaction score
thanx muchly! I appreciate that info as I am going to try this myself and maybe even recommend it as a suitable mod for cluster lovers.

jim

Prowler901

Reaction score
I ordered the 5 motor cluster yesterday, along with some BT-70 tubes. The main body of the rocket is BT-80. So, I'll make a motor mount tube out of the BT-70. I wanted to put a slight boat tail on it, so that is why it is designed this way.

Sandman, I might need to order a nosecone from you. I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in existing stock anywhere.

The clustered Long Overdue is really cool. I'll bet she puts on a good show. :)

Regards,
Todd

Latest posts