FlisKits: Builders wanted

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by TWRackers
Are you serious? Are you a lot closer to New Hampshire than I am? The UPS Store wanted >$76 to ship each of my little boxes (about 30x12x12) via UPS 2nd Day from Florida.

LOL don't get me started on UPS pricing structure.... You'd need a super computer or two just to figure it out...

heck, my PHONE BILL is easier to figure...

:p

Originally posted by MaxQ
Boy what a box this one needed, you can see from the picture it reaches the ceiling.

Next time I build one it will have to be in three sections (instead of two) for transport - cuz I get nervous everytime I pick it up.

The USPS people rejected the big box ...due to oversized box they said the only way it could go via USPS was express and that would be next week...for $51 !!!

I said to hell w/ that...I drove to the nearest UPS office and they offered a two day delivery for $18.99

So Jim, it is up to UPS to come thru for us.....

Great news! Now I have info on shiping of the last 3 kits. Getting down to the wire!

Most of our kits are in, our booth display stands are designed and built (lookin' good too :) ), more pencils are in, catalogs are done, now I am working on our info packet for the HTU owners.

Originally posted by MaxQ
The USPS people rejected the big box ...due to oversized box they said the only way it could go via USPS was express and that would be next week...for $51 !!!

Be glad they rejected it! Last year they accepted a box containing a musical instrument we purchased without identifying it as oversized. They caught the error on this end and wanted me to pay the extra $107 difference. Said if I didn't pay then they would ship it back :rolleyes: and collect it from the shipper instead. The postmaster finally gave in but I was none too pleased about the hassle since it was a USPS error in the first place.

Jim, it looks like the Rock Star will be in your hands today :D ; it's already passed through the mail handling facility in Manchester NH.

Jim, we're waiting to hear about today's load of stuff. Do you have all your rockets now? Is the Rock Star okay?

The Rock Star is a beaut! :) Thank you for including the bogus section of body tube. It makes it much clearer what happened.

And I love the candy on the silver. Very nice!

I also got the StingRay. Pat, your packing did the job but MAN what a job! LOL I nearly had to *cut* her out of the box. Great job and I love the decals. One gun poped off but will be easy enough to put back on (thanx for the extra guns too :) )

Lastly I am waiting for the Richter Recker. I *beleive* I will recognize the box when it arrives :D

I didn't get pix of these two yet, but will tomorrow. In the mean time, here's the Tres (ain't she beautiful!? :) )

Just got our convention hand outs, collated them, printed labels for the envelopes they are going in and will stuff them tomorrow (catalog, order form, company brochure and discount program for the HTU owners who attend), printed up some signs, touched base with our embroidery guy and am trying to take care of a slew of educational orders that came in this week (very much unexpected this time of year...)

I can't remember having been more tired than I have been this week...

3 more days to get ready then 3 days of rest as we drive out (can't wait for *that* part :) )

jim

Here is Doug's Drake. I love the work he did around the transition especially since he had trouble with that paper adapter and had to do some repair work on it...

Here are two that Tony V. loaned to me from his collection (even his *regular* rocket are museum quality!)

Here is Susan's Cheetah! She did a beautiful job building this kit stock, right down to the paint job and use of the peel-n-stick decals (no easy task) and it is beautiful!

Here is a close up of the other side inter-stage where she made creative use of our logo that was on the decal sheet :)

Here is Jim's A.C.M.E. Spitfire. This was one of the few kits that I allowed (encouraged?) freedom of expression rather than just sticking with the kit cover art. I want to be able to emphasize the "creative" nature of our products. Jim did *that* in high style!

Here is Doug's Rhino. I love his choice of the red and blue. Very nice finish and silk smooth fins and nose!

Michael's Praetor, another beautifully finished models. You folks (all of you) have done yourselves and FlisKits proud!

Last for tonight, Michael's text-book beautiful Deuce's Wild! Simply wonderful! :)

Also, if you folks think they look good like this, just *wait* till you see them set up in our booth (i will take lots of pix).

more tomorrow!

They're all beautiful!!!

Originally posted by jflis
I can't remember having been more tired than I have been this week...

3 more days to get ready then 3 days of rest as we drive out (can't wait for *that* part :) )

jim

Spoken like a man who won't be making the drive with a carload of kids... :D

Lisa, recent survivor of Colorado trip, 3 kids, 3823 miles

Originally posted by Pippen
They're all beautiful!!!

LOL oh man, i DONE that! LOL

In fact, I'm going to start a *thread* about that in the Coffee house! :D

They're all beautiful!!!

LMAO

Colorado's worth it though, right :)

The Richter Recker is in and is simply BEAUTIFUL! I didn't get a pix as I can't stand it up in my livingroom and I am scared to death of the ceiling fan...

I will post a pix of it in the booth after our return.

That accounts for every kit. I want to thank everyone for all of their hard work. This is a perfect example of our customers "helping us grow" :)

Now all we have to do is get it all to Nebraska, make it all look pretty, and sell the snot out of it! :)

Geeze, these have got to me some of the most traveled kits that have never flow... ...EVER!

LOL

I will be posting a web notice tomorrow.

Kathy and I will be out of town but shipping will still happen.

Special orders, out of stock items, EDU and retailer orders will all have to wait until our return.

Now to finish up so that I can start packing!

jim

The Richter Recker was the one I was most worried about.

It is a great project to build and no doubt to fly...I'm anxious to do it again for our field here.

Handling a rocket that is that long is challenging and shipping one that is built up is a challenge in itself...I had visions of a very long box arriving on your end crimped in the middle....I'm glad UPS came thru and the box and he handlers kept it all intact.
I wish I had been able to spend more time on the finish and 'chutes than constructing the shipping box...but 'cest la vie.

I guess with that, ...the final delivery of all these projects is a testimonial to what a great bunch of people Rocketeers are....

I enjoyed participating - as I'm sure did you all....

...I enjoyed reading the play by play as the projects neared completion - hats off to everyone for the effort, spirit and teamwork.

Awesome job peoples... Looking forward to the booth pictures Jim. Hope all goes *very* well for you at the show and Godspeed in your travels.

-= Frank =-

Everybody outdid themselves and I am the proud owner of some of the most attactive kits ever! :)

Thank you one and all!

All of the rockets, plus our booth, display racks, packaged kits, mugs, pencils, literature, etc, etc, etc... is packed up and ready to go. We head out tomorrow morning for a 3-day drive out to Nebraska. We could do it in 2 easily, but I would rather show up wednesday (set up day) early and rested rather than late and exhausted...

This will be our first trade show and I have high expectations. They can only be met if we are rested and prepared.

FlisKits will be open as usual during our trip, so keep the orders coming :) Shipping will occur on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Please note, Educational and retailer orders will have to wait till my return. Also, should any item go "out of stock" while we're away, the order will have to wait till my return. All delayed orders will receive feedback email about the expected delay and reasons.

Also, I have a laptop (borrowed) with wireless, so hotel permitting, I should be able to get online during the trip.

Have fun folks!

jim

3 relaxing days on the road and we roll into Lincoln about 2pm today.

We pulled up and asked "where do we park to unload?" and they said "right there is fine"... so, what the heck, we started unloading and moving our stuff to the booth area.

Got it all set up and all the boxes back into the truck in about 2 hours, so we were done well before dinner...

The booth is simply beautiful. many herre have already commented on it, and our products. There is no question that we are putting our best foot forward out here, so to speak :)

Thanx again to everyone who contributed to this event for FlisKits. As soon as we get back home (Monday) I will post pictures.

jim

Sounds great, and I can't wait for the pics (my rockets are cowering in the corner though) :)

cjl, I really think it's time to have a talk with your rocketsbecause they're missing one important point here: Jim's rockets may *look* pretty but they never get to come out and PLAY! No trips to the field, no countdown, no thrill of breaking free from the earth and flying...they just spend their days in boxes and when they get let out it's to be gawked at by strangers. Ask your rockets, is this *really* the life they want? ;)

cjl, I really think it's time to have a talk with your rocketsbecause they're missing one important point here: Jim's rockets may *look* pretty but they never get to come out and PLAY! No trips to the field, no countdown, no thrill of breaking free from the earth and flying...they just spend their days in boxes and when they get let out it's to be gawked at by strangers. Ask your rockets, is this *really* the life they want? ;)
Yeah! Didn't you see Toy Story 2????

Yep, a VERy good point... someplace back in this thread I also made the comment that these have to be the most traveled rockets that never took to the air that have ever existed... LOL

But they do seem to like coming out of the box and simply love to be gawked at :)

We start the show in 60 minutes. I just chatted with Gary from Aerotech (it was nice to see a familiar face :) ) and the place is already hopping!

jim

Jim,

Mags and I would like to wish you the best of luck!! In looking at the pics you have some outstanding models for display and they will be show stoppers. Hope it works out well for you guys and at some point in the future you should have a launch of all the demo's sort of like a victory lap!

Have a great time and we look forward to launching with you again sometime in the not too distant future!!

Tom & Mags - Launching and Smiling in NY:D :D :D

Originally posted by cmmeyers
Yeah! Didn't you see Toy Story 2????

In that case Jim had better keep a close eye on the Rock Star. It would be just like him to go out and do the town tonight. :cool:

Originally posted by jflis
...Got it all set up and all the boxes back into the truck in about 2 hours, so we were done well before dinner...

Ummm...pics?

In that case Jim had better keep a close eye on the Rock Star. It would be just like him to go out and do the town tonight. :cool:
I suppose those little tubes on the tips of the larger fins could be used to hold beers.

Latest posts

Back