FlisKits August DOM

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am working oh so very hard to catch up here folks :) :)

The May DOM is closed, and posted, with one winner. Congratulations Tim Breland with his sole Lil' Smoke entry!

The June DOM closed with no entries.

The July DOM has closed with 3 entries. These entries have been posted and a winner will be announced tonight.

The August DOM is open and already has one entry!

Originally posted by jflis

The July DOM has closed with 3 entries. These entries have been posted and a winner will be announced tonight.

AHEM!! *Tonight* was last night.

The Z7 looks pretty awesome...strong candidate for DOY winner if you ask me (which you didn't, but...)

well, midnight hit me a lot faster *and* harder than expected... This is 2nd on my priority list today (first being getting orders out :) )

jim

I'd love to build Doug's Titan. That is just too cool. I WILL build that if it becomes a kit.

It would rock on a D12-7 and 4 A10-P's.:D

FlisKits would like to congratulate Doug Gardei for his winning entry Titan.

Congratulations Doug!

I would also like to point out that this was another very tough month to pick a winner from. All 3 of the designs are great in their own way and I love them all.

Fortunately, I am not the only one in the selection process, so some of the pressure is spread around a bit :)

August is open and we already have one entry from the Netherlands!

What a great way to hit 4100 posts! :D :D

hmm... i just about finished my entrance for this month. it'll be my first, but proly not my last:)
Jim do u see a problem with entering the same design in the DOM and the NAR junior member design contest? i figure i wrote it up, why not submit it to both:p

I won? I WON! I WON!!!!

First I want to thank Fliskits for their awesome parts..

And Elmers for their sticky glue...

And Xacto for their sharp blades to use to cut the fins

and Jake and his wife for putting up with me while I took over their dining room table!

THIS IS FOR YOU!!! (holding up Award) THIS IS FOR YOU!!!

Ironically, it was built from the parts I won from my last winning entry ;)

Originally posted by rocketkid88
hmm... i just about finished my entrance for this month. it'll be my first, but proly not my last:)
Jim do u see a problem with entering the same design in the DOM and the NAR junior member design contest? i figure i wrote it up, why not submit it to both:p

go for it :) We don't have any such restriction. I am not sure if the NAR does.

jim

The august contest has closed (well, technically, it *is* still open for a few hours... :) ) with two entries which have been posted (that's a first, eh?? LOL )

uh, Jim, you need to check your mail.
The last minute king just sent you something. :D

Tim

I kid, I kid.
I'll hold it for next month. :)

Nothing to see here folks, just upping my post count.

Tim

hhhmmmm, what *were* those commands....

VAR user$:="slim_t"
set user$(count) =0

Here I am hitting "get msg" on my mailer looking for your entry....! LOL

Originally posted by jflis
Here I am hitting "get msg" on my mailer looking for your entry....! LOL

You mean I could have made it if I had just sent it?
Aww, man. ;)

Jim, do you have any rule against submitting a Descon entry into your DOM?
hint, hint

Tim

Originally posted by slim_t
Jim, do you have any rule against submitting a Descon entry into your DOM?

That goes against the DESCON rules, to have your entry in more then one contest or publication (except for your personal site).

That can't be true. DESCON, AFAIK, only takes possesion of the entry, not the rocket design. And I believe it says 'previously published' and nothing about submitting it in a future contest!

Jason

I'm not really sure.
I have an entry in Descon only right now.
But I figured since it was done, and made with mostly Fliskits parts, then why not enter it in the DOM also.
The only parts that aren't from Fliskits are the balsa for the fins and the chute. :)

But I have plenty of ideas I could use for the DOM if I can't submit this one. I just have a hard time getting them completed in time.
You know, I end up putting it aside to work on something else, and then putting that aside for another idea. Jason knows what I'm talking about ;). Big Deuce, no a Big Sandhawk, no wait, a big something else, or maybe an 8" Big Daddy. Ahhh Ahhh, brain overload. Just kidding with you Jason. I'm just glad I'm not the only one to do things like that. :D

Tim

well, *we* (FlisKits) certainly have no rules against it. The only such rule that I could imagine is to not submit any design that legally belongs to someone else...

"rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules!"

For the uninformed in our midst (namely me :)), what's DOM?

Design of the month I think, but this thread is 100 years old.

No kidding. I thought for a second that it was up and running again!

Geeze, so did I... Was thinking "Man, what did I *DO* last night!??!" LOL

whew!

Yeah, DOM is for Design of the Month. It was a contest we held at FlisKits but I had to close it down as I didn't have (and still don't) the time to manage it properly.

Some day it will be back, but not today ...

jim

Let me know when you do - I have an entry! (You've seen it before and it uses some of your parts... ;) )

Back