FlisKits at HobbyTown USA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
FlisKits has just updated their retailer web page (had gotten woefully out of date) showing all of our current retailers around the world.

We have just recently (this week) added HobbyTown USA Peoria, IL and HobbyTown USA Plaistow, NH. We hope to have HobbyTown USA, Lexington, MA before the end of the week, so keep watch!

In addition to HobbyTown USA, since our last update we have added these other fine retailers:

BRS Hobbies: eBay web store
Hobby Express: Cranberry Twp, PA
Hobby House: Poughkeepsie, NY
HSJM LTD: Broomsfield, CO
Jonrocket.com: Web store
Olde Towne Hobby Shoppe: Manassas, VA
Pratt Hobby Shop: Georgetown, MA
Science Education Center: Wichita, KS
t-rocketry: Fulda, Germany
UnderDog Rocketry: Greenville, SC
VideoRocketry.com
What's Up Hobbies: Santee, CA
Wildman Rocketry: Van Orin, IL
Zeppelin Hobbies: Riverdale, NJ
===================================

If you know of a hobby shop in your area that should be carrying the FlisKits line of model rockets please ask them to contact us for full information!

jim

Jim,

As a shop that specializes in carrying kits from the "little guys", we may have to drop you if you get any bigger! ;)

Looking forward to picking up 2 or 19 Deuces Wild at the half off sale at Hobby Lobby soon.

Congratulations. Keep up the good work.

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

WOW!!!. Hobby town in Plaistow now carries your kits :). I did not think they would. I know I asked them, and left frank your brocure... but that was a long time ago, and it has been a long time since I last seen him. Did he contact you, or you contact him?

Cool deal :).

We had contacted him (as I teach a rocketry class there in Plaistow every year). The cincher was (i think) a mix of customers asking for our kits and the fact that HobbyTown USA Peoria was already talking to us (*they* contacted us in that case).

Also, our experience to date has been to call a HobbyTown USA store, introduce myself only to discover they already know about FlisKits.

It's a good thing :)

Also, if you get a chance, check out the list of retailers on our site. The list above (in the main topic) are just those retailers we have recently signed on, it is not the full list :)

jim

That reminds me,
I went to the local hobby-town usa last weekend..
while I was there I noticed they had a very dusty 24mm reload case but no aerotech motors or reloads.
I asked the owner if they had plans to stock them, his reply was

"their factory burnt down so they went bankrupt, so you can't can't get them anymore, if they start making them again , we might consider ordering a few"
.........I just shook my head

Jim, this weekend I will be sure to bring him a Fliskits catalog..
but judging by the pitifull rocket section, he is way behind the times as far as rockets are concerned.

Originally posted by stymye

Jim, this weekend I will be sure to bring him a Fliskits catalog..
but judging by the pitifull rocket section, he is way behind the times as far as rockets are concerned.

Well then, it's about time we brought him into the 21st century, eh?? :)

Also, just an FYI pending me getting the retailer page updated. Starting next week you will be able to purchase FlisKits kits (and soon a full line of parts too) at the Lexington/Burlington, MA HobbyTown USA.

It seems that HobbyTown USA has officially heard of FlisKits and wants in :)

This is a good thing folks, it really is.

more news as it becomes available.
jim

It's nice to see a bunch of new vendors coming in on the Fliskits juggernaut! A rising tide lifts all boats.:D

Also, just an FYI pending me getting the retailer page updated. Starting next week you will be able to purchase FlisKits kits (and soon a full line of parts too) at the Lexington/Burlington, MA HobbyTown USA.

It seems that HobbyTown USA has officially heard of FlisKits and wants in

Jim,

On the HobbyTown USA website they are listing a new store coming soon to Millbury, MA.

They are building a huge mall there (about 2/3 finished) and a lot of the stores are open so I'm assuming it will be in the mall and it should get lots of traffic.

There's a Michael's already open so I go there anyway to pick up motors with the 40% off coupons.

It's only 15 - 20 minutes from where I live so it would be a good thing if you could get your products available in that store :D

Originally posted by BobH48
Jim,

On the HobbyTown USA website they are listing a new store coming soon to Millbury, MA.

Way ahead of you :) You may not be aware of this but the owner of the Bellingham store is the same guy (partners) that is building the Millbury store. I will be in touch with them next week.

We're taking the HobbyTown USA franchise step by step. The last thing we need/want is to have all 160 stores sign on all at once and place an initial order. We're big and getting bigger, but we aren't *that* big :D

jim

Originally posted by jflis
We're taking the HobbyTown USA franchise step by step. The last thing we need/want is to have all 160 stores sign on all at once and place an initial order. We're big and getting bigger, but we aren't *that* big :D

jim

Now Jim, as a manufacturer that is exactly the kind of problem I would *want* to have! :D

Congratulations on the move into the HobbyTown franchise. We have 2 in Tampa. Time to go pay them a visit! Or have you been in touch with them too? ;)

Eugenio, not yet :) Please, I encourage you (and others) to visit your local HobbyTown USA store and mention us. Provide them with the web site and, if you have one, a catalog.

We will be contacting different stores every week but encourage them to contact us first if interested. Also, they are free to contact the other HobbyTown USA stores that currently carry our kits for feedback.

We are very confident in our product and service and have no problem with them "checking up on us", as it were :)

jim

Eugenio, not yet :)
jim

Yah Eugenio... If Hobby town Corperate made a huge introductory order, Jim Flis will have to make a post titled "FlisKits Hiring"... and will say something like "Immediate Need for kitters" and "Work at home for now" and "Must accept large deliveries on body tubes, nose cones, and other rocket related items..."

Actually... that does not sound to bad :)

I'd send my Resume ;).

It seems that HobbyTown USA has officially heard of FlisKits and wants in :)

Cool! Maybe you can convince them to open a shop in Orlando. ;)

Originally posted by brianc
Cool! Maybe you can convince them to open a shop in Orlando. ;)

Gosh, we could use ANY kind of hobby shop in Orlando... How sad is it that we don't?! :rolleyes: :mad:

On the other hand, somebody cue up "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" for Jim 'cause FlisKits is making a GRAND entrance :D Best of luck to you on acquiring so many new & big retailers!!

Thank you much, but we've only secured 2 and waiting on an order from the 3rd... over 160 to go LOL

So, go early, buy often :D

As for hiring, yea that's gonna happen eventually, but y'all ain't working from *home*! LOL I have a hard enough time coordinating material between *two* facilities, I am certainly not going to complicate that further!

Lets see.. Doug has the DW centering rings ...

Jason the DW cones...

Donald has the motor tubes...

Neil has the body tubes

Jim has the launch lugs...

Yeah....

I can see where that *would* be a problem ;)

I've sent a couple of catalogs to Hobby Town. One that is about 90 miles from me, but that is the closest hobby shop I've found. Anyway, when I talked to them they said they probably wouldn't carry Fliskits because they had a hard time selling any other brand than Estes.
When I was there he said they were discontinuing one line of rocket kits because they were not selling, I don't remember the name, but he was real reluctant to try another brand of kit. I told him the Fliskits were unique enough that I thought they would sell fine, but he wouldn't budge. He did however say that he liked the looks and prices of Fliskits.
I'm headed that way the middle of next month, so I'm going to stop and try again;)
Larry

While you're there be sure to invite him to talk to the other HobbyTown USA stores that already carry our products to get feedback. There won't be much feedback right away as they've just now hit the stores, but there will be some soon, i'm sure.

Hey Jim, I'd appreciate it if you would skip the Hobbytown in Jackson, MS. I'll tell you why after I get a few more details worked out:D (They're not much into rockets anyway)

Originally posted by Rockhiittman
Jim,
Do you know if that store in Millbury ever opened?

When you go into the Hobbytown home page, the store locator no longer says that a Millbury store is coming soon.

So if you live close to Millbury, perhaps you're out of luck.

Back