FlisKits announces Body Tube Extravaganza!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Earllier today Kathy and I were kitting up parts for the parts department as we have been receiving a *lot* of parts orders since Christmas and many items have found themselves near depleted.

While kitting up body tubes it occured to me that we receive many orders for one pack of each of our 18" tubes. It's a very common theme with many of our parts orders.

Well, I got to thinking, if that's what you want, that's what we'll provide!

Therefore, we've just added a new part number to our wide and growing selection of body tubes:

BT-MIX-18

This collection of body tubes includes 2 each of the following tubes:

BT- 5-18
BT-20-18
BT-50-18
BT-55-18
BT-60-18
BT-70-175

With a price of $10.95 that is more than 5% below the individual price of these tube purchased separately!

12 Body Tubes at less than a buck a pop!

Check it out at https://fliskits.com/ today!

WHY!!! WHY!!!! WHHHHYYYYYY?!?!?!?!

WHY do you do this to me Jim!?! You drive me nuts releasing new stuff all the time! :D :D :D

must buy more fliskits...must buy more fliskits...must buy more fliskits...AIIEEEEEE!!! :cool: :rolleyes:

Jason

WOW, Fliskits has it all........except motors and a level 5 kit.....

Hey, Jim...... When will be see a level 5 rocket kit?????

Good move! Howsabout packaging some other assortments for cones, centering rings, etc?

Gotta hand it to you guys, I hadn't been thinking of FlisKits as a place to order parts (after all, its Flis*Kits* not Flis*Parts*, no?), but I keep finding that you have all the stuff I need. And I usually get my stuff only a few days after ordering. Can't beat that combo.

Good on ya, Jim. That's a really great move. Fliskits is just about my one-stop-rocket-shop now :D Thanks a bunch.

Regards,
Todd

wow...

I thought this was a good idea, but never expected this response.

Frankly, we've seen a *strong* growth in our parts business and are working very hard to shore it up and make it stronger. It takes up a lot of space and is not easy to coordinate but is clearly an important aspect to a company such as FlisKits.

To answer some questions,

- we are looking into a centering ring MIX kit
- WHY: Cuz it's there :)
- We are looking to the BT80 as well as rings to go with it
- We are shying away from the BT100/101 for now due to space considerations
- We are *not* looking into MIX kits of Nose Cones as we don't feel it's suitable (we here a LOT of complaints about other companys who do this...)
- We are also looking into Designer Kits of several styles

The list goes on, and on, and on...

i need a clone... LOL

keep the questions, requests *and* orders coming!

jim

Bring on the designer kits and centering ring mix. The centering ring assortment may have helped doofus here (that'd be me) from having to place 2 orders with you in the last week because said doofus forgot a set of rings in the first order. :(

If FlisKits adds on a few more components, and knocks down the price another 5 percent, and then adds a kit, and knocks the price down 5 percent more, and adds another kit and reduces the price another 5 percent, and includes maybe a nose cone assortment and shrinks the price 5 percent, and then throws in a few more goodies---------we are rapidly approaching the point where we could get a single package that includes the entire FlisKits line, and it would be FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign me up, I want TWO of those!

LOL

hhmmmm, kinda reminds me of all of the tricks they'd tell you about on how to save gas during the "Gas Crisis" of many years ago...

Do this and save 5%, do that and save 10%, do this and save another 5%, etc, etc....

seems that if you did ALL of those things you'd save something like 110%, you could drive around all day and only have to stop occationally to dump some of the excess gas that has built up in your tank... LOL

Level 5 kits are something of an issue. The biggest being that the amount of time needed to document such a kit is tremendous.

I will tell you this, we will be coming out with a line of scale kits that will be marketed as Skill Level 4 but the instructions will provide information on how to downgrade them to Sport Scale (Skill Level 3) or *up*grade them to True Scale (Skill Level 5).

In the case of the upgrade to skill level 5, most of the work and "figuring out" would be done by the modeler and not via the instructions.

jim

Originally posted by jflis
- we are looking into a centering ring MIX kit
- We are looking to the BT80 as well as rings to go with it
- We are *not* looking into MIX kits of Nose Cones as we don't feel it's suitable (we here a LOT of complaints about other companys who do this...)
Yay!!
i need a clone... LOL
Well, there are several vendors...Semroc,Thrustareo,BMS....

Excellent offer on the tube Jim. Whenever I need to restock, I'll send you an order.

About that Level 5 talk: I said this in another thread already but.....,
I think Jason's Terrier Sandhawk would make an excellent first level 5 kit. I'm not an expert on how to rank skill levels, but that one just might do it. That is one awesome rocket.

Tim

Originally posted by slim_t
Excellent offer on the tube Jim. Whenever I need to restock, I'll send you an order.

About that Level 5 talk: I said this in another thread already but.....,
I think Jason's Terrier Sandhawk would make an excellent first level 5 kit. I'm not an expert on how to rank skill levels, but that one just might do it. That is one awesome rocket.

Tim

You seem quite eager to own a T/S for yourself. ;) I say go for the scratchbuild! I am 99.9% positive Jason would help you out with the build process. It's a great looking rocket. It's weighted nicely and it flies like a champ. I can't wait 'til he brings it back out for a third flight. I must admit that Jason's T/S would make for a challenging SL5 kit.

Agreed with the restock idea. I've spent far too much purchasing tubes from the local hobby shop. Sometimes over $1.50 for ONE tube! :eek: It's nice to support the local store owner, but heck, FlisKits is local enough for me!

As long as we're talking about parts, I would really like it if someone offered solid bulkheads made of the same fiberboard material as the centering rings.

I find that these bulkheads come in handy quite often. They could be used to design an avionics or payload bay, or baffles, or as the starting point for custom/oddball motor mounts.

I don't like the kind that a certain other rocket parts company sells, the kind that has concentric slices all pre-cut for various BT sizes and you punch out what you want. Those things are too flimsy, and if you cut an off-center hole for a goofy motor mount, all the pre-sliced stuff begins to fall apart and you end up with a mess.

Is there anyone else out there who would buy bulkhead blanks if they were offered?

If there's an interest, we would certainly look into it.

Also, would there be a problem if they were *slightly* oversized??

Well, Jim, you have to realize, yet I am sure you know this already, is that a bulkhead is much stronger when placed inside a coupler, since then you can put a glue fillet on both sides of the ring. Slightly oversizedmight be a small problem, but it wouldn't be all that hard to cut it down a tad.

Jason

If there's an interest, we would certainly look into it.
Also, would there be a problem if they were *slightly* oversized??

Beggars can't be choosers, I would welcome the availability of just about any product like this.
Oversized stuff would be a bit less handy, as I will have to monkey with it to make it the right size-----I can do that now with a blank sheet of tagboard or model aircraft plywood.
What I was hoping you could do is this: use the existing materials, the existing laser-cutting set-up, and simply cut the one outer circle without cutting the internal hole. That keeps it about as simple as I can think of.
But first we gotta see if anyone even wants these things.

Originally posted by eugenefl
You seem quite eager to own a T/S for yourself. ;) I say go for the scratchbuild!

It's on my list. My long long list of rockets I want to build.
Maybe Jason will bring it to the SEARS launch in Feb so I can get a look at it. (hint, hint, you out there Jason?)

Tim

Heck yeah I'll be bringing it! :D :D

Got a good size field? I'll put it up on 3 C6's to a D12-5 or 7, maybe even a E9-8...ruh roh raggie!

I'd be more than happy to help you out with building it! You will immensely enjoy this rocket and most everything about it! I won't forget to bring it!

Jason

Back