FlisKits Anniversary Launch!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Come One, Come All!

FlisKits invites you to join us in Amesbury, MA on Saturday September 18th for our annual ANNIVERSARY LAUNCH!

Generously hosted by CMASS and sponsored by FlisKits, this launch goes from about 10am till 4pm. Directions to the launch site can be found on the CMASS site.

FlisKits hopes to see many new faces as well as all the old faces (yeah, yer old. Git over it... :D )

The day will be filled with fun, festivities and CAKE! Bring your FlisKits kits to fly and win prizes!

We will have drawings every hour and give away several of our two newest kits, the Bull's Eye and the Mystic. We will also have a prize for the person who flies the most FlisKits kits during the course of the day!

And they'll be CAKE!

CMASS offeres a fun filled day of flying at every launch, but the September launches have become extra special over the years. On warm sunny days you can find nearly 100 (or more) rocketeers flying all manner of rockets from 1/8A through K impulse. Scale, odd-roc, sport, upscales and downscales and even a few foam creations.

As a special treat we will have an upscale (28mm) Deuce's Wild! on display (built by our own Carl Tulanko) as well as an upscale Whatchamacallit on display.

The highlight (at least for me) will be the launching of Carl Tulanko's 38mm upscale Tres model! FlisKits is sponsoring the launch and 2 of the motors. Boris Katan is sponsoring the 3rd motor and is managing the launch. It will be one of the most fantastic launches seen at the Amesbury site in ..... ....well, probably since Boris' last launch... LOL

Still, something to see and well worth the trip to the launch!

Photo's below are:
  • Bull's Eye graphic
  • Proto of the Mystic
  • Carl with the Tres
  • Carl poses with the Tres on the pad
  • Lift off! We're flying her on these same smoky motors on the 18th!

header.gif

DSC07481.JPG

P3250125.JPG

P3270183.JPG

Did you say CAKE! :D ;)

Oh yes. He said CAKE. And he said it to the whole world so there's no backing out of it. Jim is so good, he'll even supply the forks. And there will be a few hundred rockets launched thoughout the day. And CMASS serves the best hot dogs on the field. And we'll be going out for BBQ afterwards. Not a bad place to be.

See y'all there.

Oh yes. He said CAKE. And he said it to the whole world so there's no backing out of it. Jim is so good, he'll even supply the forks. And there will be a few hundred rockets launched thoughout the day. And CMASS serves the best hot dogs on the field. And we'll be going out for BBQ afterwards. Not a bad place to be.

See y'all there.

We have to use forks?

Now I gotta figure out how to get 8 micromaxx candle rockets to fire at the same time without scorching the cake... :)

I hope you're not kidding. How about NECCO wafer blast deflectors?

oh man, now I really gots to think about this?? LOL

Working with Boris and Carl Tulanko on getting that 38mm Tres ready for flight. That's going to be incredible! I've seen it fly and it's worth the trip every time :)

Cake is ordered, stickers are nearly complete and we're nearly ready for our two new kits too.

Time is getting close!
jim

From the CMASS website on the Amesbury field...

"Vehicles are not allowed to venture off the dirt road to the flight line but you may turn around on the grass next to the dirt road. You will ned to carry / cart your equipment a short way from the dirt road to the flight line. "

How far is the "short way" from the dirt road to the flight line? Those of us who use trailers for our equipment are interested.

Skids are verboten here, No?

From the CMASS website on the Amesbury field...

"Vehicles are not allowed to venture off the dirt road to the flight line but you may turn around on the grass next to the dirt road. You will ned to carry / cart your equipment a short way from the dirt road to the flight line. "

How far is the "short way" from the dirt road to the flight line? Those of us who use trailers for our equipment are interested.

Skids are verboten here, No?

Less than a hundred feed. Take a look at this video and stop it at 1:12. The white line in the lower left corner is the road and the bunch of things to the top left of center is where people set their stuff up.

All sparky motors are forbidden at our launches. The one exception was a demo launch did on a frozen pond in January.

I'm happy to report that our area of the field looks like it's been hayed very recently so, as long as Bill gets us another day of great weather, we should be go for the 18th (rain date 19 September).

I'm also happy to read that the CAKE has been ordered.

Further updates:

• Documentation for both new kits have been ordered
  • Custom parts for both kits have been ordered
  • Parts for new kits have begun arriving (still waiting on a few things)
  • Replacement cone for the 38mm Tres has arrived (thank you Gordy!) so we're nearly all set for THAT launch :)

Spending this week gathering up things like plates, forks, etc. A few more proto builds for testing at the launch, display models of the two new kits and figuring out the details of what prize events we will hold throughout the day.

Gonna be a lot of fun folks! :) Hope to see you there!
jim

Back