Fliskits Anniversary Launch with CMASS 17 Sept 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing like acres and acres of perfectly manicured lawn to fly rockets on.

I've only been there once, but Berwick feels like rocket-heaven. Wish I could be there this weekend.

Does anyone know if there is a 1515 rail available?

There is a 1515 owned by MMMSC and another owned by CMASS. My dad and I will both require it so we will help with the setup of it.

There's a new, one-piece 1515 rail in the Maine club along with a tremendously stable pad built by Jim Moe that will be set up at an M-impulse distance from the flight line. Jim has put a lot of time and money into designing and building some great HP pads; when the club publishes it's wish list, one of the items will be money to help defray some of that cost but you don't have to wait to earmark donations for the pads.

Al, I'd like to see your 3-cluster I-impulse and two-stage HPR go from that pad just for better separation from the crowd. If we have to, we can put a 1010 into that pad.

Works for me...

(a bit conservative, but I get to fly them...)

Question - is there a BFR process if I want to whip out an M?

Last edited:
Looking forward to it. Claude and I will staff the kitchen, may ask for a helper so we both can fly a bit too.

Hey Ken, I noticed on the MMMSC site Scott mentioned setting up on the far east side of the field. Looking at Windyty, we'll have a 5-10mph wind out of the west. I'm sure it has everything to do with parking, but see if you can talk him into moving it out some.

My read of Windyty shows the wind out of the south to SSW under 10 knots at the surface. It stays in that direction but gets faster as you elevate.

We'll set up where the farmer says we can and have to adjust to the conditions.

Yup it was windy. Yup I lost a rocket. Yup should have flown it on a smaller motor. But there was cake and overall a great day flying!
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1474159414.954898.jpg

That one would be mine. :cool: The Azure Blast (build thread here) flew on a CTI I212 Smokey Sam for my L1 certification flight. It was successful, though I had been waiting for some pictures from my friend took before I posted about it. I see Parrythewind's professional camera man also got some great shots!

It was a bit of a bittersweet day. I got my L1, but also lost my Madcow Mini Frenzy that I had modded for dual deploy. The Main came out at apogee and it drifted way off the field to the north-northeast, probably into the swampy land on the other side of the road. If anybody is out in that particular area and is braving the marsh you can look for a white airframe with red on the fins, red/yellow cheverons and blaze orange TRF chutes. (Photo from previous launch, no camera was lost)

0820161139[1].jpg[RIP]

That one would be mine. :cool: The Azure Blast (build thread here) flew on a CTI I212 Smokey Sam for my L1 certification flight. It was successful, though I had been waiting for some pictures from my friend took before I posted about it. I see Parrythewind's professional camera man also got some great shots!

It was a bit of a bittersweet day. I got my L1, but also lost my Madcow Mini Frenzy that I had modded for dual deploy. The Main came out at apogee and it drifted way off the field to the north-northeast, probably into the swampy land on the other side of the road. If anybody is out in that particular area and is braving the marsh you can look for a white airframe with red on the fins, red/yellow cheverons and blaze orange TRF chutes. (Photo from previous launch, no camera was lost)

View attachment 301884[RIP]

I'll keep an eye out next time I'm up there. My dad and I will be going through the woods looking for his rocket

Hey Matt, my dad and I are headed up to Berwick either this weekend or next to search for his rocket. If you have a general idea of where it is, let me know.

Let me know when, I may join you. I have a pin on my map app for the approximate place where I saw it cross the tree line. I drove around onto the gravel road that on the other side of the trees, no luck.

Here's where I thought it crossed the tree line. Probably off but it's a start. Could be just to the left of the bog, possible it crossed the gravel road, who knows. No electronics but getting the 29mm 3G case back would be nice.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1474546322.689747.jpg

Back