FlisKits Acme Spitfire

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonypv

And so it begins...
Reaction score
I've have the Acme Spitfire kit for many years and didn't want to build it until I came up with a way to finish it.
A while back I thought of making it look like cartoon wood. The idea came from Bill Spadafora who a few years ago made his using real wood (pop cycle sticks) to make his.
So I looked for some clip art of wood grains and made "planks" and put them together using the free download skin wraps on the FlisKits web site. For the nose cone I made "shingles".
There isn't any paint on this at all, unless you count clear spray to protect the wraps.
I had fun making the wraps.

Acme Spitfire 1 sm.jpg

Acme Spitfire 2 sm.jpg

Acme Spitfire 3 sm.jpg

Acme Spitfire 4 sm.jpg

Tony.... You did an outstanding job on your Spitfire!! Congratulations! :cheers:

Tony,

That looks fantastic.

3 years ago I built 6 Spitfires for a demo launch. I did two of them in the Fliskits regular and Redstone graphics. The other four I did as rusted metal, stone, steel, and brick (below). I wish I had thought to do one as wood because yours looks tremendous.

Steve

Spitfires.jpg

I got to see this thing in person at our Winter Follies launch. Simply incredible :)

Tony always does good work. You only have to look at his blanket of rockets at any launch to see that. But this one really stands out :)

Great job! You've done the ACME proud!

I got to see this thing in person at our Winter Follies launch. Simply incredible :)

Tony always does good work. You only have to look at his blanket of rockets at any launch to see that. But this one really stands out :)

Great job! You've done the ACME proud!
Thanks Jim.

I knew you would like it.
It took me a long time to come up with something that would do it justice. :)

Tony...

I am glad you were able to launch it! It looks great in the air!!

I could scream! I saw Tony go up to the RSO with this and a few minutes later I see him walking back to his table with the recovered rocket...

Missed the whole darned thing! ARGH!!!

Tony...

I am glad you were able to launch it! It looks great in the air!!
Thanks Jeff.
I could scream! I saw Tony go up to the RSO with this and a few minutes later I see him walking back to his table with the recovered rocket...

Missed the whole darned thing! ARGH!!!
Well... I'll just have to bring it to the next launch so you can see it fly. :)

Back