FlisKits ACME Spitfire Photo collage!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would post mine but it is still in the bag......picked it up on Saturday.:D

I may have posted this somewhere else, but I'm surprised I didn't post it here. I've launched this a few times this year...my custom modified break-apart ACME Spitfire w/coyote passenger (made of chenille stem):

image-wec6jpg-600-031915234520128.jpg

image-wec8jpg-600-031915235520125.jpg

image-breakawayacmespitfireapartjpg-600-035415140606206.jpg

image-ken-e-coyotes-break-apart-acme-spitfire-custom-mod-600-033015005322718.jpg

image-breakawayacmespitfire4fjpg-600-033115002922511.jpg

image-breakawayacmespitfire4hjpg-600-033115002422185.jpg

image-breakawayacmespitfire4kjpg-600-033115001122118.jpg

Lots of fun! (Maybe not for the coyote though.) :grin:

Here's my M.A.C.M.E. Shrew (MicroMaxx) Spitfire.
Considering it's girth it gets a respectable altitude using MMX engines.

MMX ACME.jpg

I was stuck in (the Hell of) Cancun for over a month last year and brought along a few carded models.
A fellow entertainer would check on the progress asking: "How's the little rocket?"

The inset picture shows the cover plate over the launch lug hole in the lowest shroud section.
I wasn't happy with the "drilled" hole in the shroud so I fashioned a cover from an extra body skin print.

That is a fantastic Wilie E Coyote, definitely an improvement on mine (see post 17 of this thread). The full break apart is really cool, does it always fully separate?

I may have posted this somewhere else, but I'm surprised I didn't post it here. I've launched this a few times this year...my custom modified break-apart ACME Spitfire w/coyote passenger (made of chenille stem):

image-wec6jpg-600-031915234520128.jpg

image-wec8jpg-600-031915235520125.jpg

image-breakawayacmespitfireapartjpg-600-035415140606206.jpg

image-ken-e-coyotes-break-apart-acme-spitfire-custom-mod-600-033015005322718.jpg

image-breakawayacmespitfire4fjpg-600-033115002922511.jpg

image-breakawayacmespitfire4hjpg-600-033115002422185.jpg

image-breakawayacmespitfire4kjpg-600-033115001122118.jpg

Lots of fun! (Maybe not for the coyote though.) :grin:

That is a fantastic Wilie E Coyote, definitely an improvement on mine (see post 17 of this thread). The full break apart is really cool, does it always fully separate?

Thanks! The rocket doesn't always fully separate...usually the middle section is the toughest to get separated. If I sand one point a bit, then another may not separate. Sand too much and the rocket can get "wonky". Part of the problem is that the outer sections don't provide any straight support when separating and each section is fairly big. If I had to do it again, I'd try to use bigger center tubing or connectors if possible. I've flown it 6 times this year and should now clean it and maybe strengthen it...I figured I'd do that over the winter. :)

Also I remember your red ACME! I liked it a lot and considered doing that for a while. :)

Ok, I have mine now but I have no idea how to makes something "moar originaler" than you crazy guys! Not only are they hilarious, but the craftsmanship is incredible!

Ok, it's a great idea but then I'm rather biased, but...

It was suggested that we have a thread where folks can display photo's of their A.C.M.E. Spitfire's! Hey, I'm all for a good thread on a FlisKits rocket, so LET'S SEE'EM!

Here is a pic of me with the original proto type. I posted this in answer to someone asking how you SIM such a design. My response? "You just insert it into FlisSIM V1.0, as shown..." :D
Thank you for this thread! I've not started on mine because I... am afraid it'll look wonky/I'm not sure how I want to finish it yet! Exactly what I need to see!

I'm going to bump this because I want to get started on the kit that I bought TWO YEARS ago (see 3 posts back). The trouble is time and a theme - as I said on @GusGrissom's thread (where I must apologize as I was bordering on threadjacking thinking it was this thread), well - anyway there are already some masterful designs here; and the thing just screams Wile E. Coyote, but that's already been done so well here... and I can't quite convince myself to go with my second choice, Calvin & Hobbes, but that could be great as well.

I've ordered an AeroPack retainer, a BT70 coupler and nose block to help with the tube cuts. And I note not every Spitfire documented on this forum has made it here, so let us renew the call! Make sure YOUR ACME Spitfire is posted in this Hall of Fame!

Well, maiden flight of my Acme Spitfire today. The shock cord detached from the main body at parachute ejection (can't understand why, I always overglue everything) and with all that clay in there, it lawn darted straight down like a bat out of hell. I'm sure it's fixable. And as others have pointed out, the more flaws it has in it, the better. The paper nose cone parachuted gracefully back to earth.

Attachments

• ACME1.jpg
    ACME1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • ACME2.jpg
    ACME2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Well, maiden flight of my Acme Spitfire today. The shock cord detached from the main body at parachute ejection (can't understand why, I always overglue everything) and with all that clay in there, it lawn darted straight down like a bat out of hell. I'm sure it's fixable. And as others have pointed out, the more flaws it has in it, the better. The paper nose cone parachuted gracefully back to earth.
Aw. no! I really liked that one!

Back