FlisKits 2003 Design of the Year contest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The 2003 FlisKits Design of the Year (DOY) is now closed!

Our first DOY contest is closed and judging will begin later this month. This is *so* exciting!!!

I am not aware of any other company holding such an event and it is with great excitement that we get to do it. As many of you know, the winner of the design of the year contest (selected from the first place winners from that years DOM contests) has the chance to become a manufactured kit in addition to prizes yet to be determined (this is all *so* new to us too :) )

Keep watch as we struggle with the difficult task of selecting a winner!

NOTE: Not all designs are necessarily manufacturable by FlisKits (perhaps due to certain components not being available and such), HOWEVER, such manufacturability is NOT a requirement to win. In that respect, it is possible that the winning entry would not be put into manufacturing. We will cross that bridge when we get to it.

For now, lets wish the best of luck to:

March: Kevin Johnson's Foxy BG

April: Kevin Johnson's Starship

May: Daren Humphries' Freedom Forge Missile

June: Daren Humphries' Nebulous Cluster

July: Kevin Johnson's Trireme

August: No Entries

September: Clive Davis' Papernator

October: Bruce Levison's Cork Screw

November: Jason Toft's Terrier Sandhawk

December: To Be announced soon!

Good luck one and all!
jim

Some great entries there. Tough job selecting a winner.

While those are all great rockets, I have to say I would love to see Jason's Terrier Sandhawk offered as a kit. That thing is just awesome given the success he had with the clustering, gap staging, and the recovery system in the booster. It may even have to be Fliskits first skill level 5 kit.

Good luck everyone. I hope to have a few entries for 2004.

Tim

...n-grind...

i know i know!

would SOMEONE please tell me when the *SLOW* season in this business is??????

I will ahve the announcement on site this weekend!

Stay tuned, same FK time, same FK channel!

and if you don't know what that means, man, yer just TOO young... :)

Jim,

Before you decide, how about soliciting feedback from anyone who's built one of the DOM winners. i downloaded instructions for the Levinson Corkscrew but, simple as it is, haven't had time to build or fly it. I'm really curious to know if anyone has tried any of the more complex designs.

I'd also be curious if you tracked which were the most downloaded designs.

Originally posted by Gus
Jim,

Before you decide, how about soliciting feedback from anyone who's built one of the DOM winners. i downloaded instructions for the Levinson Corkscrew but, simple as it is, haven't had time to build or fly it. I'm really curious to know if anyone has tried any of the more complex designs.

I'd also be curious if you tracked which were the most downloaded designs.

Interesting question... I can get that information and will look at it. kewl :)

Originally posted by jetra2
bump bump nag nag! Come on Jim!! :D :D

Jason

Ok, the Design of the Year winner has been announced. The links to the announcement have been specially coded to prevent Jason from seeing them!
:D

just kidding :)

Congratulations to Daren Humphries with his Freedom Forge Missile! Details can be found on our main page at https://fliskits.com/

And even more details to follow in the coming weeks! :)

jim

Back