Fliskits 15th Anniversary Launch with CMASS 16 Sept 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It's that wonderful time of year again - the Fliskits Anniversary Launch. The festivities will include prize drawings, awards for most Fliskits launched and a new Fliskits rocket kit. Oh, and there will be CAKE, too. :cool2:

The weather has been better this year so we should be able to use our field in Amesbury. If you're a CMASS member, please think about signing up for one of the volunteer opportunities (see forum thread on CMASS website). All of the usual parking, NAR and weather related restrictions will be in play.

In addition to all the fine products available from Fliskits, Jason will be covering the AMWProX supplies including replacement delay grains for CTI 38 mm reloads; if you haven't had yours checked out yet, bring them along. If you want/need anything specific from Jim or Jason, please contact them ahead of time to be sure they bring it along.

Bring along your Fliskits models whether you plan on flying them or not. It's a great time to show off.

Keep an eye on this thread for any updates.

Dude! Priorities! Sheesh... :)

Things are coming together for the launch. Hope to have my streamered UFFO there, and if Claude brings his, we may actually do a drag race! Also, anyone with a Frick-n-Frack, bring it on down and join the fun in the best drag race in rocket history! :)

There's some talk of CAKE too....

Oh, and a new kit, the Juliet. Lots of fun, contests, drawings and, of course, some rocket launches...

Hope to see you there!

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

With the way the weather predictions look right now, we may have to push the launch to next weekend. The clouds are heavy and low most of Saturday and the little wind that there may be will be coming from the east toward the power lines; we don't want to give National Grid any excuse to have us kicked off the field.

I'll make the call Thursday morning. It could be CATO pie this weekend and Fliskits CAKE next weekend. Stay tuned.

Fingers crossed! My weather app says 20% chance of showers in the afternoon, but mostly sunny otherwise. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I'm hoping to bring a few folks - Joe Barnard with his (now working) actively stabilized rocket, plus Mrs. N00b and a couple of new friends - the husband is really interested in this whole rocket thing. I'm hoping I've made a new convert!

I'll keep my eyes peeled here tomorrow.

Oh, of course, I wasn't thinking about the wind... Fingers crossed as before...

If the weather is bad, is Sunday an option? I really want see to Joe Barnard's contraption, but I can't make it on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Last edited:
If the weather is bad, is Sunday an option? I really want see to Joe Barnard's contraption, but I can't make it on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Well, I don't know if Sunday's going to be an option for us. There will probably be another demo flight in Maine, especially if this one falls through.

Well, I don't know if Sunday's going to be an option for us. There will probably be another demo flight in Maine, especially if this one falls through.

We're GO for Saturday and have to hope the weather and the wind cooperate. I'm concerned that Joe's rocket falls just outside the NAR Safety Code as it uses active stabilization. I'm even more concerned about the chance of a grass fire with the slow lift-off. It would be nice to see his set up but I'd prefer he wait until a Maine launch for the next test flight.

Busy as all git out getting ready... :). But I should have the streamer UFFO ready AND... we have everything needed for the new Juliet kit! A small 18mm saucer that can be flown right side up or upside down! Will have them at the launch and they will be up on our site by Sunday, so keep watch :)

The batteries are charged - the CMASS trailer is hooked up - I need cake and am looking to purchase one of them newfangled Juliet kits! I love it when a plan comes together!

Had a FANTASTIC day! About 58 attended and we had 248 flights in allIMG_1558.jpg

Here is our booth.
And below is the launch of a dooDad with another on its way back to earth in the background :)IMG_1559.jpg

Jim, you throw a helluva party and yesterday was another great one. Lots of Fliskits flying and plenty of scratch builds with Flis Components at their root.

Too bad the weather started out so poorly but it ended up being great at the end. Lower than normal turnout but that just meant more CAKE for (some) of the rest of us.

I'm proud to have bought the first Juliet kit and happy to have won one of the hourly raffles. We're so fortunate to live in the Fliskits corner of the country.

I will have the photo album up later this week as well as the Juliet, so keep watch! :)

Back