Flis Kits Borealis

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_ullman

Reaction score
Yes its me, posting in the LPR section !! :y:

Almost done!! Just need decals and toothpics ;)

Ben

IMG_0547.jpg

Ben,

Looking very nice :) What did you think of the build?

Please post pix after you've decorated her up! (launch pix would be awesome too! :) )

Ben,

Looking very nice :) What did you think of the build?

Please post pix after you've decorated her up! (launch pix would be awesome too! :) )

Wel, I changed things up a bit (alot ;) )

Since finishing always keeps me from well.... finishing.... a build, I decided to build it in "colors" I read over the instructions twice to get an idea where the parts went and the color "combos" on the rocket.

• the FIRST thing I did was CA the nosecone.
  • I then took and popped all the wood parts our EXCEPT the fin crossmembers (just the rings and misc. parts) I painted both sides of the wood black with 2 coats of black.
  • The bottom 3 tubes and rings were the first to get assembled. I CA'd them together per the instructions and painted them 2 coats of blue.
  • Then I assembled the 3 tubes with their rings using CA. I then attached the shock cord and glued the top tube on. Once that dried I sanded the NC and painted the whole middle/top with white.
  • Then I took and marked the ring fins per the guide and taped of the outside. Painted the inside white. Once that dried I painted the outside gold and the sharpie faintly showed through (very faint)
  • So once the ring fins dried I glued the fin crossmembers in. Then I glued those to the bottom blue piece. It was easier to attach the fins on the small workable piece than having all the top of the rocket hanging (that is the only real assemble change, put the fins on, THEN the top, makes it easier to work with)
  • Then I attached the middle/top. Put the toothpicks on. And tomorrow I will use one of my model car brushes to paint the red outline on the crossmembers and color the toothpics.
  • Put the decals on and clear coat the whole thing.
  • Got some C6-3's Ill try on her with a 20" nylon chute.

Neat looking rocket. As Im sure most of you know, the only reason it was built is to upscale it :p :neener: :eek:

Ben

Last edited:
just curious, has anyone ever flow composites in this? Ive usually got enough scraps for some 18 mm stuff

Ben

so it looks like I need to make an endburner then so it won't kill this thing :p

Ben

Back