Flis kit Triskelion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim fustini

Reaction score
I just started to build the Triskelion ,Boy I'll tell ya. what a top notch kit. I have built many kits with balsa nose cones, and this one has the most perfect nose cone I have ever got in any kit. ( including Cosmodrome) Dense, smooth just perfection. This bird is going to look great when it's done. I will post pics of it. The only model kits that are even in the same league with Flis are Semroc. And the only balsa nose cones that are better are Roachwerks.( and they are custom) Super nice kit. I have six more Flis kits to build. I haven't opened them yet, But I hope they have more of the same . I've built the Rose-a -Roc and the tumble weed and started the Borealis, but this is the first kit with a larger nose cone. Very nice.:)

Jim,

Thank you :) I am thrilled that you are enjoying the kit(s).

We work very hard to provide the quality you see. Not just in the parts, but the designs, documentation, service and more. It is very gratifying to see that it is noticed and that folks appreciate it :)

jim

Your welcome Jim, I just ordered your new Nantucket Sound from Commonweath displays (my local shop) a five minute drive from my house. Another thing I can say about your kits is THEY ARE NOT BORING. I get tired of building 3FNC's

Jim and Jim,

I have a Triskelion too, and I agree that the nose cone is just great! The fins are fun, too.

I've also got a partially-built Nantucket Sound and a partially-built ACME Spitfire, which are interesting and enjoyable builds, to say the least.

My son used his and win the streamer spot landing at our regional competition. He also upscaled it to fly on an E.

Here is a photo of my Triskelion (That is a actual NAR waterslide decal from the 70's ) I have 3 sheets of them. I thought it looked good with the paint job.

teiskelion.jpg

Here is a photo of my Triskelion (That is a actual NAR waterslide decal from the 70's ) I have 3 sheets of them. I thought it looked good with the paint job.
Nice color scheme & great looking decal!

Great looking model! Gotta love those Primary Schemes, and what better then to add and NAR decal to the mix.

Wait til ya get a change to fly it... the model is a great performer in both sizes:)

John,

Man, I occationally get lucky enough to capture a micro in the lens, but never this good! :)

great pix!
jim

Yep, the Triskelion is an excellent little rocket. After building the Watchamacallit, Triskilion and Overdrive as tests I planning on ordering a bulk of the Triskilions for my Cub Scout den. It is easy enough to not be frustrating, yet hard enough to provide a challenge for the boys.

Back