FlightSketch question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronz Rocketz

NAR# 109557, Level 1
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I landed the FlightSketch in another large tree. Yeah, it sucks. We'll get it back eventually.

In the meantime, I downloaded the data and it didn't upload to the website again. I got a new iPhone and forgot to sign in before Connecting the Mini. I backed up the data this time. I reinstalled the app which just deleted my data. I tried to reinsert the data but iPhone doesn't let me transfer the files to the FlightSketch folder. When the data is on the phone but not in the app, is there a way to upload it to the website?

My guess is that there is not and will have to use a third party to graph the data. Should I use Excel or is there another simple program I can use? TIA

24499389-3CD3-44E8-AF39-20BA3763CD2C.png

Attachments

• fltSk_2022-10-18__09-31-09.csv
    143.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I just got a new iPhone a few weeks ago and was dismayed to see that the logbook — the part where the FlightSketch app can retrieve data to upload later — didn't make the trip to the new phone. The files saved locally (I always do both) DID make the trip. So I don't have a good answer for you. I pinged Russ about it, but he's apparently in another of his incognito periods. I got no response. I still have the old phone, so if there's a way to move the logbook data across, there might be a way to do it. But Russ will need to tell us....

That said, if you get the Mini back, the current flight's data will still be on it, so you can download and try to upload to the online log then.

Excel can do graphs. I'm just not very good at them. I've been using Magic Plot. The free version will let you plot either the altitude or the acceleration against time. That's how I've been plotting Eggtimer ION data as well.

I figured out how to transfer the files to the folder using a SD card. However, the program still doesn't see the files. The Logbook is blank and doesn't appear to have a refresh option. I was able to create a graph using Excel. I used to do a lot of graphing in my college days. No, that's not an euphemism. :)

Picture1.png

Latest posts

Back