Flew my first scratch build the other day....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini 14

Reaction score
....and it was fantastic if I do say so myself. I was kinda surprised that it flew with no flaws, as I did no computer tests or any other kind of simulation on the design.

It's a modular booster design. I built a boilerplate upper module that recovers on its own. I plan on designing a glider module, and various tech modules (altimeter for me, egg holder for my fiance, etc). The first flight was powered by a C11-3. I plan on testing it on D and E engines in the future.

Congratulation Brandon, you may be on your way to a M in a scratch built rocket.:cool:

There are existing pictures....and they will be available when I get them developed....

Mesa thinks this one will get entered in that DOM at FlisKits...

Finally, pictures of the Enduring Freedom 1.

Two are on the pad (albeit in my basement), one is completed and awaiting paint, one is the EF1 alongside Big Bertha and a SkyWriter, and the other is of the boilerplate upper module in a basic form of construction.

https://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bgrasmick2000/my_photos

Let me know if it doesn't open.

It flies great on a C11-3.....flights are out of sight on a D12-3.....

I'm thinking that with the more powerful engine you use on this rocket, the longer the delay you are going to want on the engine. It went way up high on the D12, and then drifted a fairly good distance.

Back