Flew Estes Gauchito & Lucky Seven for the first time.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldsrockets

Reaction score
Today I was able to get some rockets airborne including two of my new X-Prize rockets, the Gauchito and Lucky Seven.

I first loaded up the Gauchito on an 1/2A3-2T, this is the smallest reccommended motor for this bird. It took off and straight up to maybe 100 feet, deployed the chute and came down. The 12 inch chute provided is sized about right for this rocket.

I also flew it on the A10-3T which is the maximum reccommended motor. It took off considerably faster but really didn't go up that much higher than on the previous flight.

Upon recovery, to my horror, I noticed that the capsule had seperated from the bulkhead but luckily I was able to find it.

I also flew the Lucky Seven on an A10-3T which is the only reccommended motor. It took off rather slowly but straight and wobbled side to side a bit during the boost, probably due to the shape of the rocket and the wind. It also recovered fine under the 12 inch chute.

I remember reading that someone on here was afraid to fly his due to the fins but the fact is the nose cone hits the ground first then the body will settle to the ground while still under the chute. In fact, I recovered it with absolutely no damge at all.:D

I cannot wait to get the Rubicon up, that's gonna be sweet.:D

Back