Quantcast

Flashbacks!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Recently, while combing the dusty archives for K'tesh, I came across some B&W pics from my early days in the hobby.

I thought it would be fun to start a thread where people share photos of their very early days in rocketry.

Here I am in my back yard posing with my all-square rocket design, Infinite Square. This was probably the fall of 1970. Note the Electro-Launch.

I flew both my Infinite Square and the very first pyramid rocket in my back yard that day. Surprisingly, I got both back.

Ok, now your turn. Show us your flashbacks.

TALON

Reaction score
I am SOOOO Old, that there was no cameras around when I got into rocketry as a kid! :eyeroll:
Not true, I was into photography before rocketry. But, I was so jazzed up for a launch, it never occurred to me to bring a camera!:facepalm:

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
OK...Since you have the only real pic of me with a rocket back then, you can now trouble yourself to scan and email it to me so I can participate. Unless I do have one, but I'm sure I don't.

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
OK...Since you have the only real pic of me with a rocket back then...
I have boxes and boxes of pics in storage. That pic of you catching your Saturn V is in there somewhere.

The pics of me I posted above just happened to be in my ancient binder of original designs, e.g., Eggnik, Grubworm, Mercuroid, Hippy, Hygenika, etc.

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! I'm glad that I prompted you to find those... Now, about that SKY-Hi (1365)...

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
I have boxes and boxes of pics in storage. That pic of you catching your Saturn V is in there somewhere.
Oh....So I gotta fall over dead before you get around to finding it? Quite a few years has passed since you told me you had that. :duck:

rcktnut

Reaction score
My son and I posing before the launch of my Kno3/ sugar powered rocket, mid 70's. 10lbs of propellant in that one. Launched at my Grandparents farm. It flew but it wasn't pretty!

Have lots of super 8 films of launches, need to get them digitized one of these days. I think it is pretty cheap to have it done now. A few years ago cost to much.

KNO3 Rocket.jpg