Fix for Openrocket Android Motor Issue

Discussion in 'Rocketry Electronics and Software' started by Kyle Adler, Sep 7, 2019.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

  1. Sep 7, 2019 #1

    Kyle Adler

    Kyle Adler

    Kyle Adler

    New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2019
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Gender:
    Male
    I posted this as a comment but I figured it'd be more useful as it's own thread:
    Hey guys, I've found a way to solve the issue. Though I have very little android development experience, the error seemed like all you had to do was replace any thrustcurve2008 query with a thrustcurve2015 one. So that's what I did, and it fixed it. There are still some other issues with mass components and fin fillets, but with this fix it allows you to run sims.

    Instructions:
    1) Download oponrocket apk from site
    2) Decompile with a tool like APK Easy Tool
    3) Search file for "openrocket" to find the folder of queries
    4) Open all with something like Notepad++
    5) Find and replace all "2008" with "2015"
    6) Recompile and put onto phone

    Let me know if you have any questions.
     
  2. Sep 7, 2019 #2

    JohnCoker

    JohnCoker

    JohnCoker

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2013
    Messages:
    1,540
    Likes Received:
    169
    Good find. The ThrustCurve.org queries are supposed to be backwards compatible, but ...
     

Share This Page