Fish

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i normally would accept full responsibility, but i am a crappy fisherman and have only ever caught one trout. it was yummy, though i did feel some shame.

note: 'crappy' as in very bad, not the fish.

Pollution.
I did a study of dissolved oxygen in the Red Cedar river that runs through the Michigan State campus when I was going there. Upstream compared to a spot in the middle of campus and after campus. The campus had an effect on the amount of available oxygen. After the river passed through campus there was less dissolved oxygen in the water. That was just a small study. Think what a city does to the water. The water from storm drains is toxic. Back in the 70's Lake Erie had so much mercury in the water the fish weren't safe to eat. It's better now. Lake Erie is the first big lake after Detroit.

there's likely a hundred articles you can pull up on how man has damaged the natural fish habitat due to dams and pollution.

I'll add these:

- other fish (mentionned elsewhere, but I like saying it this way)
- something about water pH levels, but I only know a few basics

And now I kind of lost track if this thread was meant to be serious or a joke. šŸ¤”

M'eh.

Wo3q644.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if ocean acidification is common knowledge or not so I'll just drop this here.

Back