First time with FlightSketch Mini - help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got it to work, I think.
how do I change the Description and Title fields in the flight log?

Greg
Is this your flight? https://flightsketch.com/flights/4080/

Pull this up on a web browser and log into the FlightSketch site if you haven't (upper right hand corner of the screen). Then, when you go to a page for one of your flights you'll see "Edit Flight" and "Delete Flight" at the bottom of the page like this (this is just screen captured from my most recent one, three down from yours in the log):Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 3.43.19 PM.png

Pick "Edit Flight" and edit away.

You can also edit those fields in the app before uploading. I generally put in the basics before uploading then come back to the web site to add stuff later if inclined as I'd much rather type with a real keyboard than with my index finger on my iPhone.

I don’t see how to edit the log on the app. That’s why I was asking. I see now how to edit it on the website, but not in the app on my iPad.

*sigh*

Fill in the circled fields, one or both, after downloading from the altimeter and before saving the file locally, uploading to the web log, or both. You can also edit the default file name.

IMG_489318B9EAED-1.jpeg

So once it has been saved to local storage, you can't edit the Title nor the Description on the iPad. You have to upload it to the website before you can edit it. Do I have that right?

So once it has been saved to local storage, you can't edit the Title nor the Description on the iPad. You have to upload it to the website before you can edit it. Do I have that right?
Yes, that is correct. Whatever you enter into those fields after a download is saved in the logbook file on your iPad and/or in the upload to the web log. There is no edit function for the logbook on your iPad. Think of it mostly as a local way to temporarily save that information until you upload it.

The actual saved files, to which the logbook entries point, are the same as the .csv files uploaded to the online log and contain the same data. They do NOT contain the title/description.

I have also found, when I got a new iPhone last November, that the logbook, but NOT the data files, is lost. My logbook on this phone only contains pointers to files downloaded after I got it. But in the Files app, the Flightsketch folder contains all the files I have saved locally to my phone, including the one before my current one, for a current total of 863 files. My prior iPhone was the one I had when I first started beta testing the FS Mini in 2019, which was before there was a logbook function in the app.

If you don't save locally, then there won't be a files accessible through the Files app on your iPad (or iPhone).

My usual flow is to download the data, rename the file to include the model name and flight number (replacing the timestamp portion of the default name), put in a title (model and flight number( and usually the motor used in the description, then save both locally and upload to the web log. If I'm flying where I don't have cell coverage, then I use the logbook function to upload to the web log as soon as it is practical.

Back