First TARC launch of the year!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starz

Reaction score

My TARC team had our first launch last Saturday! First flight flew on an Aerotech F-67 to 812 feet and was in the air for 50.8 seconds. Our score was 50.2, not bad for our first launch! The second one flew on the same motor to 881 feet with a flight duration of 49 seconds.

Congrats! Good to see early success!

My local club's mentored teams are mostly flying the F42. Can you share the tradeoffs between the F-67 and the F-42 and other potential alternatives? I've not personally been involved in TARC and am curious as to what works and why.

Congrats! Good to see early success!

My local club's mentored teams are mostly flying the F42. Can you share the tradeoffs between the F-67 and the F-42 and other potential alternatives? I've not personally been involved in TARC and am curious as to what works and why.
Thanks! May I ask what diameter body tubes they use? I know some teams fly F42s on rockets that transition from a BT-80 to a BT-70. Our team transitions from a 3in loc tube to a BT-80. We went with the 3 in tube so we could have more space to add more foam to protect the Eggs. I should add both our Eggs survived both flights.

Thanks! May I ask what diameter body tubes they use? I know some teams fly F42s on rockets that transition from a BT-80 to a BT-70. Our team transitions from a 3in loc tube to a BT-80. We went with the 3 in tube so we could have more space to add more foam to protect the Eggs. I should add both our Eggs survived both flights.
Aha, I hadn't thought about the tube sizing. I forget what they said about the tubes they are using (will ask at the next club meeting). I had also forgotten until I looked just now that the F67 has about 13% more total impulse. For some reason I had it in my head that they were roughly the same impulse.

Back